No Power to Tranny Pad

Discussion in 'General RVing' started by Greg Parsons, Mar 21, 2004.

  1. Greg Parsons

    Greg Parsons New Member

    Dear Mr. Allison Man. I've enjoyed you website & now have a situation in which I could use your expertise. I have a 2002 American Tradition with a 6 speed auto Allison tranny & a 350 Cummins. I had just returned from a trip to the Flordia Keys back to Michigan. I parked the vehicle on Jan. 5th. 2004 & everything was fine. When I tried to start it 8 weeks later, just to charge the batteries etc. the batteries had plenty of power but when the "wait to start light" went out & I turned the key to Start nothing happened. Originally I thought it had to do with the power to the starter or cyliniod, but after talking to Cummins the had me jump for the cyliniod to the starter and the engine started just fine. When I went to put it in gear, there was no power to the touch pad, and the "check Transmission" light was on, on the dash. It's now March 21st.2004 & we have checked all the fuses, they seem fine and still the vehicle will not start. Is there a chance the power failure to the transmission is sending a signal to the ignition not to start & the two are related? One tech. said When I parked it maybe I shut it down while it was still in gear? I guess this is a possibility. The vehicle is still under warrantee & I can have it towed as a last resort. I would rather not have it towed, due to the circumstances of where I have it parked, and I feel only bad things can happen with a tow. I just want to make sure I check all " The low hanging fruit" options before I have to make the decision to call the hook. Can you think of anything that it may be, or something I have overlooked? I look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely Greg
     
  2. transrand

    transrand New Member

    No Power to Tranny Pad

    Did you check the inline fuse on the power wire from the battery? It is usually located right by the batteries. If you are not getting any power to the shift pad, there's a good chance that it is your dedicated wiring.
     

Share This Page