No title

BillCyrus

A friend wants to give me a thirty-yr-old Fleetwood Mallard. It has no title and no Bill of Sale, and hasn't moved in fifteen years. How can I get it inspected and registered in Virginia?

helloDog

Quicker to call VA DMV and ask. Each state will be different.
Some states will not ask for a title for 30 yr old vehicle, some states will not ask for a title, only a bill of sale, some will ask only for registration...
Where I live I got a scrap paper off the floor, wrote a bill of sale, put sold for $1, signed his name, signed my name and put on the vin info and whatever else DMV wants on receipt. Lady laughed cause she knew what I did, but nothing she can do short of open an investigation and all that would find is that the "seller" did "sell" me the vehicle. I do not suggest providing false information.
For a newer vehicle here they will want the the current year's registration, probably signed by seller. Title is nothing here, they issue a new title for the new owner anyway.
If VA requires inspection, then if you cannot move it , it will not pass inspection anyway. Get it moveable.