Norcold problems

littlecaddis

Hi everone.......just real new and having trouble with my Norcold N61X two way fridge. After about 3-4 hours on Gas both my On and Gas light start to flash on and off. I reset to either Auto or gas and it works again for a3-4 hours and then starts flashing again........it has stayed cold all along but probably because it hasn't had enough time to heat up.

I have reset at least 10 times on my last trip. The unit is level and all other gas appliances work.

Any suggestions would be great.

geo.

LEN

Re: Norcold problems

Welcome, to Both
How is the charge in the 12 side as these refers need 12volt to work on electris or gas.

LEN

Kirk

The meaning depends upon what energy source you were using when this happened. If on 120V power it means that 120V was lost. If you are using propane when that happens it means that your burner failed to relight when cooling was called for.

The propane issue probably means that the burner and flue need to be cleaned. Could also mean that the igniter is failing.

Let me suggest that you visit the Bryant RV website at:

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ncoldnnewnseries.pdf

You can down-load a copy of the service manual from there.

klumley

In our case, the fridge was running on propane, and battery voltage at full charge is 12.67VDC. FWIW, our trailer was only built in Oct. '08, been in our possession for 2-months, and this was our 1st trip.

Thanks for the link to the service manual.

Kirk

It may well be that the problem is some type of bug has made his nest in the burner or flue. Those are very common problems when an RV sits in storage for extended periods. For some reason, locations with propane seem to be more attractive nest sites than other areas?

klumley

Thanks for your thoughts. We're about to head off for 5-nights dry camping - if the problem persists, I'll give the works a clean-out at the campsite, and we'll fire it up again...

raskal

RE: Norcold problems

Yesterday the DW defrosted the freezer of our Norcold Model 82X. After this minor bit of irritation we set the panel to LP gas to speed the refridgeration of the unit and noted that the burner did light and remain in operation.

The unit did not, however get cold (fins in the 'fridge did not become cold to the touch, etc) even after running throughout the night.

In the AM we switched back to AC power and the 'fridge runs properly on AC ...

Do not see any error codes nor any indication of critters in or about the burner and flue area. Looked through the Norcold pdf document and could find no mention of this specific instance ... Grrrrr.

Were currently in NM with temps in the high 90's or low 100's, adequate Voltage/AMP's over the park power and an altitude of 4.5K feet.

klumley

klumley - 6/27/2009 10:46 AM

Thanks for your thoughts. We're about to head off for 5-nights dry camping - if the problem persists, I'll give the works a clean-out at the campsite, and we'll fire it up again...
Been out dry-camping for two trips since, with the fridge running on propane, and the problem has not repeated itself.

Cheers.