norcold refridgerator

greg1

I am new to this forum today and I have a question for all you RVers out there. I recently returned from a camping trip and I usually just plug in my 2000 jayco eagle travel trailer to shore power and leave everything in refrigerator til next camping trip. I checked on fridge a couple days later and it had quit working and was about 50 degrees in fridge and freezer. It still makes that gurgling sound on the back side of the fridge. I tried to run it on LP and the pilot light starts and runs but it does not cool. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try or check or am I just going to have to buy a new fridge. Thank you for your help

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: norcold refridgerator

Greg, Sounds to me like you need a new cooling unit. They stop up like our arteries and quit working. If you smell an ammonia smell, you definitely need a new cooling unit.

Now, consider this.....A cooling unit will cost 800-1,000, depending where you go. That comes with a ONE year warranty on the cooling unit only. A new refer. will cost about 1,200 and you will have everything new with a THREE year warranty.

You have to decide what route is best for you.

greg1

RE: norcold refridgerator

I dont smell any ammonia smell inside camper but if the cooling unit went out will it work on LP or is it the same unit?

C Nash

Both use the same. Do you have the unit level? Check the flue for obstruction. welcome to the forum

Grandview Trailer Sa

It is the same unit for both the elec. and LP. I would suggest you take it to a dealer and have them check it out for you. They can tell you quickly what it is.