North Georgia Mountains...

Patrick-HMS

Can anyone recommend an RV Park in the North Georgia mountains, where someone can park an RV, and live there full time year around? (Found one we like, but they are only open April 1 - Nov 30, and totally closed and locked up tight Dec 1 - Mar 31)

ESPECIALLY one where there are really nice views of the Mountains, a lake nearby with some Bass in it, and a swimming pool inside the park. And sewer hookups for each site.

Don't ask for much, do I?

H2H1

Re: North Georgia Mountains...

good morning Patrick, you can go to parks and destination at the top of the page or on the left side when you logged on. Go to Georgia and click it, there are quite a few parks to check out.But just how far from Atlanta to you want to go?

H2H1

good morning Patrick, you can go to parks and destination at the top of the page or on the left side when you logged on. Go to Georgia and click it, there are quite a few parks to check out.But just how far from Atlanta to you want to go?

Patrick-HMS

I unnerstand that, don't mind doing some research and legwork myself, but looking up an RV Park, knowing that it is there, and someone recommending it are two different things.

There are some real doozies out there, and what you expect vs what you see can be totally different.

I like Top of Georgia - but don't have an Airstream

Lake Nottely RV Park in Blairsville - is Seasonal

R Ranch - does not allow permanent residents, they have a "14 Day Rule"

All of those three appeal to me, but don't fit my wish to park there permanently.

So I will keep looking...

As far as distance from Atlanta, I am not tied to Atlanta anymore, I do really like the N Ga mountains.

H2H1

Try KOA in Carterville, Ga. I have stayed there and it was nice and with FHU. This camp ground is close to the TN border and not that far from Chattanooga Tn. and also RED MOUNTAIN camp ground.

Patrick-HMS

Still lookin...

Where isn't THAT much of an issue, we just love the Mountains, looking to find a place (RV Park to live) that meets as many of above criteria as possible.

Am even looking up into NC Mountains, but many RV Parks up thataway seem to charge as much as 2x what they charge in the N Ga. Mountains.

I left the Corporate "Rat Race" (and employment) in 1996, wife left her job in 2000 - we both decided to let the rats win...lol

I can do what I do from wherever I am, so wherever I am is up to me and the Boss (of 36 years and counting...).

What I want is out there somewhere, just haven't found it, yet...

C Nash

Trackrock cg close to Blairsville Ga is a nice cg but don;t know if they are open year round or allow long tem camping.

Patrick-HMS

C Nash - 8/22/2009 8:35 AM

Trackrock cg close to Blairsville Ga is a nice cg but don;t know if they are open year round or allow long tem camping.

They are one of the cg's that are on my short list to go look at when I get a chance to do so.

THANKS for the information.

C Nash

Patrick we really enjoyed our stay at Trackrock. Owner was very nice. Some of the spots could be hard to get in with a large rv. Roads to the cg are ok and paved. CG road is gravel and hilly. Very top is nice and level and some of the lower are ok. Nestled in the mnts with great views. Bathhouse was spotless when we were there. There is also a new one on the backroad around from Trackrock but cannot remember the name that was nice. Will try to see if I can find it.