OLD GAS

Exodus

Neophyte taking rig down to check out systems. 1/2 tank full of 4-year-old gas. Place tells me it's ok to drive down there on--about 15 miles away.
I am asking them to get rid of old gas and flush tank. Have a 1989 Travelcraft Econoline 350 24 foot with 25K miles only.
Advice about old gas appreciated.

TexasClodhopper

Re: OLD GAS

What are you going to do with it if you can get it out?

I'd wonder if it would start and run on that gas, since it's been up in the lines and carb so long, too.

You can always mix in some "hot" gas with it!

C Nash

As Tex said if it'll crank and run fill it up with fresh gas and use it. MPG might not be great but add a can of octane boost and go camping. Always use a gas stablizer when vehicle will be sitting for any length of time.

LEN

Think I would drop in a bottle of gas dryer, a bottle of octane boost and run to the nearest gas station and top it off with the highest grade gas they have. But I think I would also change fuel filters as quick as I could also.

LEN

utmtman

You might want to look at your carb if you have not ran it in four years, after you have started it. Sometimes they tend to leak due to dried out gasgets. And they also will stink while runnin on the old gas.

Tnsledder

All of the above. I would even suggest putting some gas treatment in. This will help clean any kind of depeosit that might begun forming on the carb bowl or needle valves / jets. I would try to go out and at least run it once a month and drive it aound the block make sure everything is well lubricated. If it sets for a long time, bearings all thru your drive train can be come dry as gravity works on the fluids.