On the road to Yellowstone...

Kenworth

Well, we got on the road yesterday right at 7 a.m....Traveling with a 8 year old daughter, and a 10 month old daughter, and I must brag...they are doing great. We made it into Gretna ( West Omaha KOA), and called and got us right in. I would recommend this KOA, they were great. Now I must pack back up, and like Willie says...get "On the Road Again"...I'll keep ya'll updated, but not good with pictures, maybe when we are done...-Joshua

vanole

Kenworth,

Sounds like you got a great start. Take care of that precious cargo (kids) and be safe.

Willies song was the "Break Away" tune after UNREP on two different Carriers I flew off of while in the Navy.

Jeff

akjimny

Enjoy the trip and enjoy the park. I DO NOT, however, recommend doing what the Boss Lady tried during our trip out there.

We had been there three days, walking around, looking at gysers and snifffing sulfur, but hadn't seen anything really exciting. I came back to camp and my dear, sweet wife was frying up a pan of bacon and standing in front of the kitchen window in the trailer, fanning with a paper plate. I asked her what she was doing and she said she wanted to see one of the famous Yellowstone bears. Lucky for us, we DIDN'T see one, because he probably would have opened up that trailer like a cheap tin can.

Good thing she doesn't read my posts - she'd probably kill me for telling this. :):)

C Nash

Yellowstone is awesome so spend enough time there to take it all in. Remember the buffolo have the right of way and they never get in a hurry LOL.

Kenworth

Well, we made it into Cheyenne KOA last evening...Bucked 30+mph winds, got 8.5-9mpg, and fixed a blowed tire along a 75mph interstate...now THIS IS VACATION!!!Actually it wasn't my tire, my father-in-law that we are traveling with blew one. FYI if you ever need a trailer tire in the Cheyenne area, Discount Tire is AWESOME...I called them right at closing time, they had 17 in stock, (manager says the high number was due to Frontier Days coming up, he said they sold 30+ last year that week), and he said that he would do whatever we needed, if it meant staying around till we got there, not a problem. So, long story short, we are back up to par, and getting ready to pull up stakes and head into Cody...all for now, and like Willie says, time to get "On The Road Again"...-Joshua

C Nash

Joshua, We have the Elmo that sings "on the road again on our dash and mash his button ever time we leave. Great to hear there are still business that appriciate your business. Glad you are "ON THE ROAD AGAIN".

Kenworth

Well, we made it into Cody tonight...Another blowed tire on my father-in-laws rig, he keeps overheating, fuel solenoid went caplooey, and he has no instruments...We just got done changing the other tire, wired up an auxillary fan, and think we have it figured out in the wiring. I think I have him talked into just rounding up 2 more new Carlisle's and be done with that headache...Very happy with my LLY Duramax, only issue I have had was my 1 battery was boiling, so I just unhooked it...THIS IS VACATION...heading into Yellowstone tomorrow a.m...nite all, I'm beat...-Joshua

C Nash

Sounds like your father-in-law might be overloading his rv Joshua. How old are the tires? If 5 yr or older this heat will pop them. Yellowstone will make it worth all the problems.

Kenworth

Made it to-thru Yellowstone to West Yellowstone and dropped the camper...1639 miles @ 10.5 mpg= $575...skipping stones with my daughter across Yellowstone Lake....PRICELESS, I hope that this means to her what it means to me...

RVBob7645

Kenworth;78298 said:
Well, we got on the road yesterday right at 7 a.m....Traveling with a 8 year old daughter, and a 10 month old daughter, and I must brag...they are doing great. We made it into Gretna ( West Omaha KOA), and called and got us right in. I would recommend this KOA, they were great. Now I must pack back up, and like Willie says...get "On the Road Again"...I'll keep ya'll updated, but not good with pictures, maybe when we are done...-Joshua

I miss roadtrips with the familiy you should definitely continue to faciliate those trips by any means. They are hard to remember but simply knowing they were there is what makes the difference in a kids life.

Kenworth

Well, as I sit here typing my mind has been filled with a lot of memories from the short 2 1/2 days here at Yellowstone. I am in awe by God's creation, and also fulfilled with the thought that my daughter has had the chance to experience His creations also. I was a little disappointed with Old Faithful, but apparently it has some dud eruptions, and that must have been what we saw. The view from artists point in the grand canyon of yellowstone, had to be my highlight. We are heading back thru first thing tomorrow morning to get to Cody for some shopping,(I guess, thats what the other half says) then to head in the general direction of NW Ohio...Planning on being able to drive by Crazy Horse, Mt. Rushmore, and something else that my daughter wanted to see. Hopefully we can go right past with the 5ers, and not stop, cause nearest I can tell, we have 4 days to go 1650 miles, and not rush....so for now, I am gonna get some shut eye, then bright and early tomorrow, "On The Road Again"...-Joshua

C Nash

You do need to stop at Mt Rushmore. Crazy Horse I didn't care for as it is not finished but still a must see.

Boyde31

Yellowstone is a beautiful place. I used to take my family there at least once a year, but haven't gotten to it since the family got older.