online maintenance & parts websites

tlayer

I am new to the RV world and I appreciate all the postings and valuable info that is on this site. I just purchased a used 06 Fleetwood Providence and I am wondering where you purchase oils, filters, and all items related to maintaining the RV. I find it very difficult to even find the proper trans filter as there are new high capacity ones for the allison mh 3000 and I see varying part numbers even on Allison's site(29545779,29548988) yet pull the same WICs filter# of 57741XE. Then the discussion of transynd and amsoil torque drive. Someone had mentioned on the site that they get 5gals of amsoil torque drive for $159 yet everything i find online takes me to amsoils site and its over $200. So just wondering what sites you guys use that are geared more towards the RV to purchase maintenenance items or places you would suggest in general rather than paying list price at the dealerships.

thanks
tom

Triple E

RE: online maintenance & parts websites

tlayer - 5/5/2009 1:49 PM

I am new to the RV world and I appreciate all the postings and valuable info that is on this site. I just purchased a used 06 Fleetwood Providence and I am wondering where you purchase oils, filters, and all items related to maintaining the RV. I find it very difficult to even find the proper trans filter as there are new high capacity ones for the allison mh 3000 and I see varying part numbers even on Allison's site(29545779,29548988) yet pull the same WICs filter# of 57741XE. Then the discussion of transynd and amsoil torque drive. Someone had mentioned on the site that they get 5gals of amsoil torque drive for $159 yet everything i find online takes me to amsoils site and its over $200. So just wondering what sites you guys use that are geared more towards the RV to purchase maintenenance items or places you would suggest in general rather than paying list price at the dealerships.

thanks
tom

Hello and welcome. I am the guy that uses Amsoil products. I am signed up as a "Preferred Customer". This cost $20.00 a year and that allows you to buy at wholesale. You can do this at http://www.amsoil.com/ about half way down the page on the left hand side.
You can get all of your filters there also. Amsoil is a dealer for Donaldson Filters. Donaldson Filters are all that I use. Engine and transmission. However I use NAPA air filter because I cannot find a match in the Donaldson line.

https://dynamic.donaldson.com/webc/WebStore/search/cross_reference.html?functionCode=WEBC_XREF You can cross reference all of your filters here.

Oh yes, correction, the Torque Drive was $157.00.

I do not know the difference between the Allison filter and the Donaldson filter, but the Allison is $30.00 cheaper. Good luck and enjoy your new RV.

Triple E

RE: online maintenance & parts websites

One more to add. If you call an Allison dealer with your transmission serial number, they will tell you the correct part number to your filters.