palomino puma 20' travel trailer 2010 2011 quality

cardo47

I have looked at a 2010 2011 palomino puma 20' travel trailer...both have been recaulked on certain areas on the exterior by the previous owner... they are in two different used camper lots and I can get a what appears to be a fair price on either camper...the previous owners tried their best but they used white caulk when grey was the original color.... my prob is why would u have to caulk a 3 or 4 year old camper.... I can see areas of caulk have kinda shrunk and pulled away from some seams and dealers say just because the caulking has shrunk it still will not leak...... also some of the slide out drawers have issues with the staples that hold the slider to the bottom of the drawer are coming off....ya I can repair this and I can caulk but on a camper this new......I just do not know if I should buy this camper...I can get either camper for about $9,000.00....can I get some advice? can anybody suggest perhaps a better 3 to 4 year old camper to look for
:indecisiveness:

akjimny

If you are buying a trailer from somewhere in the "Sunshine Belt," remember, UV and ozone will kill plastic and caulk quick. A 2010 trailer was probably built in 2008 and sat on the manufacturer's lot until it was sold to a dealer, then sat on his lot until it was sold to a RV'er and then probably sat outside at home. I have a 2007 motorhome and I had to replace vent covers and recaulk seams two years ago. I also had to rebuild (glue, screws and staples) all of the drawers in the kitchen. It's all a function of maintenance.

LEN

Every year from new is a time for inspection and caulking if needed on almost all RV's. And from moist to dry seasons of the year drawers are a problem as well as cabinet doors. Just part of the game. As to your RV's do a REAL GOOD inspection of roof, walls and floor both in and out side for any soft spots or staining.

LEN

H2H1

I just bought a 2014 Palomino Columbus 365 and we are very happy with it. I think the most important thing to remember is have a good maintenance plan and stay with it. All things will ware out over time.