Patent office? I need your feedback

Dman

I'm thinking about applying for a patent on a system I came up with to set the tension on the trunnion and round bar springs of a weight distribution hitch. The patent road is a very expensive road to travel on. I am looking to see if there would be any interest in such a product. I would like to list the advantages of this system....#1 This system that I have designed sets the spring bar tension without the need to raise your tow vehicle. #2 Thus reducing the hitch time to a fraction of the norm. #3 Once you have set your tension and raised your jack, often you find that you need more tension on the springs.....this can now be adjusted in seconds without the use of your jack. #4 This system will affix to the A-frame of your trailer without interference from the propane bottles. #5 This system is silent...there will be no more popping and cracking noise from the chains and the snap-up hooks when cornering. #6 There is far better sway control than with snap up hooks and chains. #7 Last but certainly not lest...this system has a 12 to 1 safety factor rating. Necessity is the mother of invention. After almost fracturing my wrist on a snap-up hook release, I decided there had to be a better way. Your feed back with this system would be greatly appriciated.

C Nash

Think there is already a hitch system like that on the market. Check to be sure before you spend the high dollars for a patent Good luck and keep us posted. Welcome to the forum

H2H1

now I like that set up. If I go back to a TT I know that is what I would have. so dang neat!

Dman

One of the fun things about developing this tensioning system was letting my wife set it up. I set the campers full tougne weight on the hitch (975lbs.) with the jack fully retracked, Stood back and watched. It was the definition of COOL to watch the truck and camper slowly come into full level mode, I could even her the truck springs tensioning. You don't ever get to see that.

Dman

Thanks for the input I do injoy it. This tensioning device has been run through the Attorneys office for there in house search. I think there having a hard time believing that this has not been done yet because of the simplicity. I just got the results back from the search firm teusday. ( WOW had that for 3 weeks) That big money got me copies of lots of patents. Namely, Anderson, Blue Ox and scores of others. The firm found nothing like this at all. The next big decision.