I'm not much into health food
I am into champagne
I've got to meet you by tomorrow noon
And cut through all this red tape
At a bar called O'Malleys
Where we'll plan our escape..."

G

Re: pina colada

only if it was to the margarita ville tune ,, now that would be good ,, but i know the song ,, it was a big hit in the early 80's ,, and was about the time that the disco and skating rinks hit the big time ,, i know cause i was a rink brat ,, yes i know how to ROLLER SKATE ,, and i will take on any one ,, even now ,, but i must say ,, i really need to get back into it ,, good exersize ,, and the old Reidel boots with Suregrip Plates and American Dream Wheels are getting a little old ,, but in great shape ,, unlike me :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Also if any of u out there skated during this time ,, u need to ck out Roll Bounce ,, it is a modern version of the stuff that we did back then ,, u know the challenges from other clubs ,, and the big huge circle in the middle of the floor where we all did our stuff ,, ,, well only a few will know about that ,, but good movie ,, brings back memories ,, for me that is ,, but u all know me ,, that is easy ,, yesterday is a memorie for me :eek: :laugh: :laugh:

C Nash

Rod, the skating rinks go futher back than that. Tried it once but my feet were up above my head and it was a concrete rink. Maybe that's what wrong with my tailbone. :laugh: Didn't take but the one time to figure out God would have put wheels on my feet if he wanted me to do that :laugh:

G

Yea i know that Nash ,, my dad was the one that got me onto skating ,, and i caught on right away ,, and did it for 12 yr's everynight and weekend ,, even worked at the rink ,, but u'r right ,, my dad used to skate on the concrete floors ,, and out side ,, in a big tent ,,, and only thing they had back then ,, was the clamp on skates ,, and a key to keep them tight :eek: :eek: :laugh: :approve:

cwishert

Well Rod I don't think I am as old as your dad but I had those skates and we skated up and down the street and the sidewalk. I never owned a pair of shoe skates. I have been to a skating rink or two but that was a few years and a few pounds ago. But I did learn to skate with the old metal skates with metal wheels that you used a skate key to tighten. "You got a pair of brand new roller skates, I got a brand new key!" Anyone remember that song?