Power Steering Fluid

Discussion in 'Talkback' started by donahannan, May 24, 2005.

  1. donahannan

    donahannan New Member

    I just purchased a 1991 Fleetwood Bounder with a 454 Chevy Engine. I'm not sure what kind of transmission fluid I need to use. The chassis manual shows regular GM transmission fluid but someone was telling me that I may need to use regular hydraulic fluid. Help!
  2. C Nash

    C Nash Senior Member

    Power Steering Fluid

    I would go with what the manual recomends
  3. janicenlarry

    janicenlarry New Member

    Power Steering Fluid

    I agree with Chelse. Follow the GM manual or you could be asking for expensive trouble. :cool:
  4. Poppa

    Poppa Member

    Power Steering Fluid

    Regular Hydraulic IS A NO NO unless my data is wrong. But do contact GM or look in the owners manual like the guys suggested
  5. Krazeehorse

    Krazeehorse New Member

    Power Steering Fluid

    Look right on the dipstick...I'm guessing it uses Dexron II.

Share This Page