pullrite vs equalizer brand

outdoors4ever

Any thoughts on the difference between the pullrite and equalizer brand hitches? I have commmitted to a purchase and now I need to get working on a hitch. I called the parts manager at the dealership where I made my purchase and he is doing some checking as well, Any info would be greatly appreciated, Thanks, alec

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: pullrite vs equalizer brand

Personally I think the Pullrite is over priced and rated...Don't really like the Equalizer either. It rubs metal to metal and makes a lot of noise in turns.

Reese make a hitch they call SC. Weight Distribution and Sway control all in one with friction pads to keep noise down. MY .02.

TexasClodhopper

"I called the parts manager at the dealership where I made my purchase and he is doing some checking..."

Alec, if the parts manager at a dealership doesn't already know or have a preference (and can tell you why), I would be leery of anything he opines about. Take his advice with a lot of skepticism.

outdoors4ever

RE: pullrite vs equalizer brand

Thanks, i think the reason he was unsure as they dont get asked about the pullrite very often. As far as the reese and equalizer brand i guess im going to have to do a little more homework. there is just so much to look, know and learn. I thought this was going to be fun and easy!! guess in time it , Thanks.
I will let you know what i finally decide!!!!

H2H1

Hi Alec, yes there is so much to learn when owning a camper of any type. But rest assure it is fun camping when you get there. Besides there are so many knowledgeable people on here that will go out of there way to help you. Good luck and happy camping when u get there. :laugh: :laugh:

C Nash

The pullrite is supposed to be a good hitch but never owned one so dont know. Like Ken I think its overpriced so I would pass on it. Guess I missed what you would be towing or tow vehicle. Take your time and ck around.

outdoors4ever

Thanks everybody who posted replies, after checking it does appear that the Pullrite is the cadillac of hitches but i not quite prepared to spend that kind of money a this time. I believe that I will purchase the equalizer brand, the parts manager at lakeshore rv where I purchased my Outback trailer sent me a link to the website for equalizer and I was able to see a lot more of how it is designed to control sway and I believe it will do what i need it to do, and about 2000.00 less. Thanks again for all the input.