Pump Kit

DCLC

I've been looking at tow vehicles and it seems all the ones we like need a pump kit (Remco $850). Other folks talk about using dollys but I imagine space at campgrounds could be a problem. Thoughts on this?

akjimny

Re: Pump Kit

Dave - Check out the Dinghy Towing Guides at the Motorhome Magazine website. They list, by year, pretty much every vehicle you can "toad" behind your rig. My personal advice and experience says don't use a tow dolly. They do take up extra room, are impossible to back up for more than a couple of feet, and, in my case, damaged the towed vehicle. :) :)

H2H1

Also Dave check out Hondas and Saturn, they are very easy to tow. I tow a Saturn and all I have to do is put in neutral and put the key in acc. I have friend who has to pull a fuse on his Saturn and off they go. very easy. Now as for as a tow dolly, I have used one for many years and still have one and it is for sell, but I always just slide it under the rear of the MH when we are at a park.

DCLC

RE: Pump Kit

Thanks guys. I think that seems the way to go. Even an older vehicle would work. Don't really want to fool with a dolly and the pump kit, besides the cost, is just another thing to go bad.

H2H1

Hey Dave I see you are in Maryville TN. We will be there at Walland TN at the Misty Rivers RV park in Oct. We are also thinking of going to the Fall Festival when we are there. Any chance we might be able to run into you

Triple E

The Ford Escape Hybrid are also towable with all four down. All you need are the tow bar, base plate and brakes.

H2H1

Hey Steve, the Ford Hybrid doesn't come with brakes ????? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DCLC

That would be great. I have a million questions. We are still looking. Have seen MHs from Houston to Greensboro, Tampa to Ohio. Just need to settle on one. Let us know when your dates are final.

DCLC

Hollis, I guess you know that last post was for you. Keep thinking I'm on a conference call.

H2H1

Dave we will be there at Misty Rivers RV Park for the Meet & Greet Oct 5-9-11. There will be several members on the forum there as well. Look at the location that said M&G and go there to see what we are doing. Good luck on your looking.

JimE

RE: Pump Kit

Dave I have been towing a 2005 Saturn Vue SUV for 6 years now. I probably have 30,000 un-odometered miles on it towing it behing the MH, and 75,000 driven miles and it still runs great. We tow all four down and can hook up and disconnect in 5-10 mins with no problems and no modifications needed. I sit in the coach with a cold one and the wife disconnects the car......it works great!!!!