purchasing RV doubts

sarrayales

How can I be sure that the RV Im purchasing will be in good conditions as in the pictures that the dealer have send me? I live pretty far away from the location of the dealer and dont want to be fooled.

And also, Is there any corporation that can assure me that the whole process of purchasing and delivery of the RV is reliable? or some kind of anssurance?

any information helps, because its my first RV.... Thanks.

jack g

RE: purchasing RV doubts

I'm sure you wouldn't purchase a home just by looking at pictures. To feel comfortable, get up and get in the car and go look at the MOHO. If its to far than maybe look for one closer to home. either way have fun once you purchase one.

H2H1

Re: purchasing RV doubts

WELCOME SERGIO, Well I agree with Jack g, never buy something you can't put your hands on unless you really know the person or the dealer. I do buy things online, but nothing as expensive as a RV no matter how new or old. If dealer is to far to travel to take personal tour of the RV. I would not buy, but that is MHO. I would think you would want to look inside to see if there is any water damage from leaking. And the only way to do that is look inside the cabinets for water stains. And do you know that everythings is working with out seeing them work. anyway good luck on your decision :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

C Nash

If you buy have the option of refusing the unit when you go to pick it up. I agree with others I would not buy anything regardless of price that expensive unseen and not checked. You might find someone near the rv that would look at it for you. I personally would not take the responsibility to look at a rv and tell a fellow camper it was ok. Might be for me and not for you so then I would be the culprit. :eek: :laugh: Good luck and welcome to the forum :approve:

ARCHER

Well, we bought our current Travel Trailer (Sunnybrook) from Ken at Grandview Trailer Sales in Virginia, sight unseen, at the time. We live in Indiana and after we ordered the trailer from Ken, we went up the factory (only about 90 miles from us) and toured the factory. Everything was just fine when we picked it up. I agree, you should either have someone take a look at it before you lay out the funds, or make sure the dealer (if that is what your doing) is High Class and do not have filings with the BBB that would make them suspect. You know the old saying, BUYER BEWARE. Good Luck And Ken is High Class.......and so is his boss (Mrs)

H2H1

Well Archer you are so right about Ken, he is high class and so is Linda, THE BOSS

sarrayales

thanks you all... Im now looking for someone who can go and take a look at the RV Im interested.

C Nash

Well we all here know that GTS is a straight shooter so buying from him would be no problem. Some of the others I wouldn't trust.

fishbreath

There are soooo meny rvs out there and some in your area if you do the work. The internet will give you dozens of sites which will find what your looking for in your area. Buy local and look before you leap. :cool: