Pushers to haul race cars?

terry n

I am looking to purchase a used diesel pusher to haul our sprint car. I don't think I want anything over 34 feet for length purposes because I will be pulling a 30 foot trailer. I am looking for advice on manufacturers, engine size, chassis type, etc. I am hoping this info will allow me to bypass MHs that are not very well built. Thanks

TexasClodhopper

Re: Pushers to haul race cars?

Welcome to the forum, Terry!

You really have to consider more than the length of the trailer that you will be pulling.

The overall weight and the hitch weight are important considerations to the selection of the MH also.

utmtman

What tex said goes along with this as well. You need to also consider the GCWR. Check that when looking and if you know the total weight of your trailer loaded would help.

LEN

Think I would limit myself to 36'(a lot of well equipted DP's in this size). I would go for a 300plus HP higher torque, 900 plus and you will be fine. Only 4ft longer than my setup at 62ft and I have no problem with getting around. Just find the floor plan that suits you, shop, shop, and shop. I would look at a mid-range Monaco(they make several brands). Not saying there are not other brands that are good also but I know Monaco works. Also have seen in the SW last month lots of rigs 40-45ft towing 20-35ft trailers both closed and exposed. Saw one with a 45ft with a two level trailer with towed on plus 4 quads riding above that had the hydrolic car hauler upper level(now that had to be heavy)

LEN

LEN

vanole

terry n,

Tex, Lee and Len hit the nail on the head. Tex on the hitch weight limit especially on a coach 34ft or under. I would expect most of them at that size will come in under 5k. Lee was spot on in weight of trailer, plus car, plus tools, plus the intangible "stuff". Len was correct on torque etc. If going the cummins route I would be looking at the "C" or more preferable the "M" engines.

Len I've seen the same thing rolling down I-95 before concerning a two level trailer. Sucker was looooooong painted to match the coach (Foretravel) guess the guy had some very deep pockets.

V/R
Jeff