Question for all. Please read!

mervsdad

Hi all.

My son is doing an electronics project a college and has come up with a litte idea which assists us mobile folk. I have tried to attach the xls sheets however I dont think they will work.

If you would like to assist him with his market research I'd be highly appreciative, it will only take 2 miniutes. Pleaes email me for a blank form if you cant download the sheet direct from this forum.
Thanks

Adrian (adrian_wilkes@hotmail.com)

TexasClodhopper

I don't recommend that anyone send their email address to anyone in this manner. We have no way to know how it will be used, and it is very likely that our email address will be abused.

Adrian, why don't you just post your questions here and let us discuss what you are asking for? Everyone has to be cautious with email. If you want information from forum members, just ask.

Pancanbob

I Agree with TexasClodhopper :stupid:
He should just post his questions... :)
I get too much spam as it is :mad:
Take care

mervsdad

Pancanbob;74645 said:
I Agree with TexasClodhopper :stupid:
He should just post his questions... :)
I get too much spam as it is :mad:
Take care

Hi there,

Understand your reluctance to share email details however there are 25 questions on the sheet so I think it may be too awkward to post here. All I can say is that you can rest assured your email adress will be treated in complete confidence and I will not share nor distribute to any third party.

If anyone can suggest an alternative way to share this xls spreadsheet I'd like to hear it.

That said I have cut and pasted the 'PAPER COPY' I have below.....maybe this could help?? Thanks in advance toi any one who helps.

Thank you for completing this questionaire. Please answer each question on the left.
Please select one option

1 How old is your Motorhome/Caravan (in years). Upto 5 Upto 10 Upto 15 Upto 20
2 Would you say levelling your vehicle is easy when arriving at a campsite? YES NO
3 How long, on average would you spend 'levelling' your Motorhome/Caravan (in Minutes) Less than 5 Less than 10 Less than 20 More than 20
4 What would you consider to be the most problematic when levelling your vehicle? Lack of Indication Reliable Indication Both
5 Does your vehicle have an automatic 'self levelling' system? YES NO
6 Does your vehicle have a level indicator? YES NO
7 If your vehicle has a level indicator:
What type is it Plastic, twin Bubble 'T' type. Integrated into vehicle Electronic,hand held.
Would you say it's reliable, fit for purpose? YES NO
Would you say it is easy to use? YES NO
8 If a system was available to assist you in levelling your vehicle:
What indications would you hold most beneficial? Visual Audible Both
What functions would you require from it? Indication only Indication plus Powered levelling Automatic Powered Levelling
What would you be prepared to pay for a DIY kit (with full instructions)? Less than £10 Less than £25 Less than £50 Less than £100 More than £100

9 When your vehicle is not in use, do you isolate your battery to preserve it? YES NO
10 If your vehicle has a clock, does it remember the time/date if you disconnect the battery? YES NO
11 If no, how difficult would you say it is to reprogramed it? EASY HARD Never bother to correct it

12 Would you say a clock, integrated into your vehicle which automatically reprograms to the correct time after a period of no power is…… A good idea A Bad Idea Desirable

13 If so, what would you be prepared to pay for a DIY Kit (with full instructions) Less than £10 Less than £25 Less than £50 Less than £100 More than £100

14 If you own a caravan, do you find it easy to reverse into a confined space? YES NO N/A
15 If you own a motorhome, do you find it easy to reverse into a confined space? YES NO N/A
16 Does your motorhome have reverse parking aids? YES NO N/A
17 Does your caravan have reverse parking aids? YES NO N/A
18 If yes. What type? Beeper Beeper/Indicator Camera
19 If no, what would you say is most desirable? Beeper Beeper/Indicator Camera
20 If your vehicle has parking aids, what areas are assisted? Rear Only Rear and Sides Rear, Sides and overhead
21 What area would you say is most desirable to be assisted? Rear Only Rear and Sides Rear, Sides and overhead
22 If your vehicle does not have parking aids, have you considered fitting a system? NO YES, Too Expensive Yes, Too difficult
23 What would you be prepared to pay for a DIY kit with:
Audio indications only Less than £10 Less than £25 Less than £50 Less than £100 More than £100
Audible and visual Indications Less than £10 Less than £25 Less than £50 Less than £100 More than £100
Real Time Video imagery Less than £10 Less than £25 Less than £50 Less than £100 More than £100
24 Are there any other services/problems you would like to see available to buy off the shelf? If so, please comment.

26 If a product was available which combined all 3 of the above services in a DIY kit, would you buy it? If so, what would you consider a fair price? Yes, up to £50 Yes, up to £75 Yes, up to £100 Yes, over £100 No

27 You vehicle details, optional.

TexasClodhopper

Adrian, your post says that you are from the European continent. Over here we have many different types of "assists" for leveling.

I just use some bubble levels that are mounted on the wall. They were "calibrated" as they were mounted by first leveling the MH with a long carpenter's bubble level.

The youngsters learning programming and electronics tend to over-complicate the leveling process. Getting the MH level with a bubble level is just fine for most folks and equipment.

I wouldn't pay any more than the price of a good carpenter's level for a leveling system, but that's my opinion.

H2H1

I agree withh Tex, I also have a bubble level on mine and a carpenter level to make sure it is level or close enough. No since in getting to complicated. JMHO

big bilko

Level

When I pour a beer and put the full glass on the sink if the beer flows over the side of the glass the R V needs levelling.I then take my glass outside while Kaye levels .Works for me.:triumphant::eek:Regards BIG BILKO.

Pancanbob

As for me .. mine has a bubble levels.... But half the time I don't brother leveling.... everywhere I've parked so far been good enough for the propane refrigerator..... and good enough for me :eek:.. and as Hollis say if it cost more the a good carpenters level forget it, (Auto System), when I do level it takes me about 2 or 3 min. so why install something that may or will need fixing someday... I believe in KISS:D (Keep It Simple Stupid :excitement:
yes, I use a DC power cut off, but the wall clock has it's own battery... good for a year.... I also has a clock radio with it's own battery but it will recharge when I turn on the DC power, so far it was fine after months of non use
As for backing up a camera is good if it has sound even better ( mine came with it) I would repair or replace it if it went bad. as for cost whatever it cost
Good luck

brodavid

If my wheelchair does not roll away, then it is level, most of the time when we traveled I use a bubble system after the level system, cheap and pretty accurate

akjimny

My leveling guage sits in the passenger's seat. When she's happy, I'm happy. But she was (and still is) very expensive.:):)

brodavid

:)I thought they all were, cost $10 for the marriage license, no charge for preacher (my dad did it) and the rest of my life paying for it :)
and loving her more each day

shahid sa

Sometimes none of the answers get it just right. If so, pick "No Best Answer". Voters DO NOT get any points for voting on the No Best Answer.