Question for Football Tailgaters

osunshine

We have just started to use our RV for tailgating at college football games.

How do you all handle people wanting to use your bathroom when there is port-a-let very closed by?

I saw a few people that placed signs on the rv’s stating women and children only. But even just women and children can get to be too many. One couple seemed to go every 30 minutes. The last game we went to there were a lot of my husbands co-workers there and they asked to use the restroom. I would get comments like “My wife practically grew up in an RV, she knows how to use the toilet”.

I am not trying to be petty but water becomes a precious resource on board for a family of 4 when we are dry camping for 2 days and have to not only flush behind our immediate family, cook, wash dishes & hands, take a shower ect…

Thanks

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Question for Football Tailgaters

I would call that a fair question. When we camp in our field, my cousin and wife usually comes and eat. They tend to use my bathroom quite a lot. As far as running out of water, he does not create a problem for us, but if a line were forming, I would have to speak up.

Depending on your trailer, storage tanks vary in size. Maybe you need explain that your staying for 2 days and with a family of 4, your water is precious and that is why Porta Potties are nearby.

elkhartjim

With the differences we have had Ken I can understand that you would think that was a fair question.

I've tailgated at college and professional football games, been to rv rally's, Nascar races and a goat roping or two. I have never been asked by a walk by to use my RV bathroom, heck, Rod doesn't use his own. I assume from your viewpoint that someone walking by your stick house would be welcome to come in use the bathroom and since you have plenty of water, shower while your there.

Ask Rod if a stranger or even a friend can use his toilet.

H2H1

the correct answer is, USED WHAT IS AVAILABLE TO U,,,, the Porta Pottie,,,,,,not my toilet, it is for my family and family only, I don't have enough water for the weekend if I allow everyone to use it, then just Sorry but that the way it is. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

AND YES JIM, PLEASE GET THAT CHIP YOU ARE CARING OFF YOUR SHOULDER, BURY THE HATCHET AND LET US ALL GET ALONG

osunshine

elkhartjim - 11/22/2009 3:50 PM

You're not really serious are you?

yes I am serious.

I am talking a crowd of people from any where to 25-50 people. All of whom either work with my husband or is married/so of a co-worker.

BTW: I have a 36ft Class A.

Grandview Trailer Sa

IF people "know how to use the toilet", they would understand you pointing them to the Porta Pottie. I would never let anyone use my toilet unless they are family, and they better ask permission.

H2H1

And where would they go TO USE THE BATH ROOM if you don't show up with your MH? Just inform them that your holding tank is large enough to take care of all your family and not extended family.

JimE

RE: Question for Football Tailgaters

Take the easy way out without making anyone mad. Just tell em you would love to let them use it but you are low on water.