reese 18k

gary phillips

I ve used the hitch for 12 years.Always oil and cleaned hitch never any trouble.3 5th wheels later,i drop our new high end .5th wheel on the road. Why Why? I am new at this,did you guess Ha ha. :(

C Nash

Re: reese 18k

Welcome to the forum Gary. You must be geting to the age that we have earned the right to forget :laugh: Bet you will remember the next time :laugh: hope there was not to much dmage

DL Rupper

Hey gary phillips, it's my understanding that when the Reese hitch is closed and locked the weight pressure while towing is on the hitch locking mechanism to stay closed. I hate to say this, but in almost all documented cases the fault was shown to be after technical examination of the hitch, operator error.

The best way to hitch/hook up the king pin to the hitch, is to have the king pin slightly lower than the hitch when you back on to it. If it is higher, you may be to high to get a proper connection to the neck of the king pin. Then lock it closed with a padlock.

Now having said this, I must point out, I have owned and been using a Reese 18 K hitch for the last 13 1/2 years. You have certainly got my attention. :eek:

C Nash

Now DL you know thad Dogde can't take off fast enough to run out from under the fiver :evil: ;)

gary phillips

Thanks everyone,your wright DL and nash it was a dodge with a 5th tailgate gone gone.Good sams man form Inda wants two deductables,1000 each.One for truck and one for trailor ??I didnt hit any one.That carriage can sure take a hit.Made the USA.

DL Rupper

Glad nobody was hurt. If you are talking about Carriage RV's they seem to be one of the better ones. I know for a fact the Dodge is the BEST for towing. I'm sure that will bring on the slurs from the good ol boys and especially Kenneth at Grandview Trailer Sales. He for some unfathomable reason is partial to GM diesels. I can't seem to change his mind. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

Hey DL he might be getting intoxicated from the smell of the Dodge diesel fumes and prefers the sweet smell of a Chevy. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ---the :evil: made write that :laugh:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Now DL, you know I don't badmouth Dodge. I have had 2 and they were great trucks. If they would just build a Mega Cab long bed..............

So far I have had my 2 GMC's a little over 2 years with NO troubles.

DL Rupper

Hey Kenneth just pulling your chain. I was bored so I thought maybe I could wake you up. :eek: The GM you took us for a ride in last year was a good one. :)