refridgerator not cooling

4116sst

Dometic New Dimensions NDR 1292 = Does not cool on AC or LPG. The fire lights on LPG and has power to control panel. Help!!!!!

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: refridgerator not cooling

Hey there, few questions:
Do you have an ammonia smell inside the refer?
Do you see a yellow powder near or under the gas flame on the outside?
Does it cool at all, or just not cold enough?
How old is the Refer?

Let me know

4116sst

no smell, no discoloration outside, does not cool at all, 2001 year model coach.

G

u are using a fan in side the refer right to move the air ?? ,, is it ?? " like room temp inside?" ,, u said u have a flame ,, right??? To me i kinda have to agree on where ken is going with it ,, the cooling unit is shot ,, but JMO
but as nash said ,, let us know back ,, please
:approve: :approve:

4116sst

update!!! the mechanic came out yesterday. I need a new cooling unit. This fridge is discontinued by Dometic, but a new cooling unit is available. I have extended warranty, so it will cost me 309.00 for deductible and service call charges. I was shocked when he told be that if the fridge needed to be changed completely, that it has to be removed through the windshield (after removing of course), that's incredible how these things are built. Thanks for your posts and I hope this helps anyone in the future.

C Nash

Thanks for the update Gary. Great you have the extended warranty.

Flynn

C Nash - 9/29/2010 9:00 PM

Thanks for the update Gary. Great you have the extended warranty.

thanks the guy who invented entended warranty
great that your now sorted Gary

Kirk

Some folks still insist that it is foolish for anyone to buy an extended warranty. It looks as though you are going to do quite well with yours.