Renting an RV help

mrm6679

Hi!! I am new to this so bare with me. My husband and I would like to rent an RV for 5 days. We are looking for the best rates on a Class C in the North Dallas area. Any suggestions? Any fees we need to stay away from? Any places that don't charge for extra mileage? Any help to a newby at this would be greatly appreciated. We will be taking it from Dallas to Baton Rouge. Any stops you recommend?

akjimny

Re: Renting an RV help

Hi Melissa and welcome to the RVUSA Forum. I am assuming you want to rent a motor home, not a travel trailer. Any place you rent from will charge you a daily rental fee plus a mileage fee. Plus, just like a rental car, they will soak you for fuel and propane, if you bring it back needing some, plus some places bill for a prep fee before and a cleaning fee after. In order to get the best deal you have to shop around - and if you're not happy with what one rental place is offering, tell them to make a better offer or you'll take your business over to the other guy.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but you really need to check them yourself. I Googled "RV Rentals in Dallas, TX" and it came back with 101,000 hits. You probably don't need that much, but the first 4 or 5 places should give you a good idea.

Welcome to the wonderful world of RVing and post back to let us know how you do.
:) :) :)