Renting my RV

Discussion in 'General RVing' started by pghfrftr, Jun 20, 2002.

1. pghfrftr

pghfrftr New Member

I own a 1996 Sunline 26ft. travel trailer that I don't get to use much anymore because of scheduling conflicts with my teenage sons. I'm not ready to sell it yet because of my 9 year old daughter, she's still got a few years of travel left and my sons will be old enough to care for themselves, for the short times that we would be away, in a couple of years.
    I am interested in renting this travel trailer out,so it would at least be getting used, but I'm not sure what kind of insurance I would need, or what kind and how much liability is involved in this.
    Can any one help?
  2. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

Renting my RV

Hi pghfrftr,
    Probably best to check with your insurance agent and see what you would need to cover yourself and rv. Man, I want even loan our rv to the kids!! Beware, you may wind up with a tt that you can no longer use anyway after the renting!! Might be better off to sell and buy later. (JMO)

Chelse L. Nash
  3. mbgove

mbgove New Member

Renting my RV

Renting it yourself does involve some risk and effort.

Another idea is to check with local dealers who rent, they may have a managment program that does all the risk/work for you for 30-40% of the rental fee. You most likely can't put your '96 trailer in the program, too old, but with the program, you buy new every 3-4 years and depreciation on taxes/rental fees cover the cost.

The quality of the dealer is critical for this program so check them out with references.

This is what I do with my Class C.

01 FourWinds Dutchmen 31Z