replacing sleeper sofa on 09 Damon Astoria

jimmyleggett

I would like to remove and junk the miserable excuse for a sleep sofa that came with the Astoria. It is the worst design I have ever seen. We will not even pull it out it is such a pain to set up and then worse to sleep on.
It certainly isn't a flexsteel!!

:angry:
Does anyone have any suggestions other than trading it in, which right now is high on my list.

vanole

Re: replacing sleeper sofa on 09 Damon Astoria

Jimmy,

Don't have a recommendation for a sleeper but I got rid of the J-Lounge (worse contraption ever foisted upon the RV world) in our Dynasty and replaced it with two European Recliners. Still have the sleep sofa installed but never use it.

V/R
Jeff
GO NAVY
Fly Navy

rjf7g

I am going to replace my unusable sleeper sofa with a reclining love seat - I went shopping this past weekend and didn't find exactly what I want, but I will try again this coming weekend.

H2H1

sounds like a plan. I use mind everyday we camp.. that is my bed :laugh: :laugh: . Maria getthe real nice one :( :(

bandalop

RE: replacing sleeper sofa on 09 Damon Astoria

You are correct! The sofas in these motorhomes are uncomfortable when you sit in them for long periods. I recently replaced the sleeper sofa in my 2004 Southwind. We never used the sleeper anyway so now we have two comfortable recliners in a sofa recliner combination. As for the old sofa, I tried selling it for a little of nothing and had no luck. I found someone who would take it off my hands for free and it's gone. The sleeper sofa came out in sections. Several bolts and a few screws and out it came. I would give you the name of the company where I purchased our recliner-sofa but, I have a few quality problems with it and until they come through with the corrections, which they say they will do, I won't recommend them.
Good luck.

rjf7g

I will take mine to Goodwill unless GTS wants to buy it back from me! :)