Riding in a towed RV

Kenworth

I read, or heard somewhere that it is allowed in some states to ride in a towed RV...Is this true, or not, and where would I find the laws for each state if it depends on states. Thanks...-Joshua

Grandview Trailer Sa

I don't know about all states, but is is not legal in VA. I can tell you that it is stupid everywhere...you would get thrown around like a ragdoll. I was in the front of a 5th wheel on my lot one day and we had to move it about 20 feet. I sat on the bed and let my guy do it. When he stopped, I stood up...what I did not know was he had to move it just a little more...when he did that I fell through the glass closet door...expensive lesson learned...NO ONE rides in a trailer around me.

Kenworth

I'm not saying it is a smart idea, especially just to ride there. I was just wandering for instance if someone was tired they could go back and sleep there.

C Nash

No way would I ride in a towed rv. If you do be sure to have a cell phone or walkie talkies as you will be calling the tow truck to STOP!! LOL

ejdixon

It's illegal in California. I'm not sure if it's allowed anywhere, though. But even if it were, I think it wouldn't really be a good idea to allow someone to ride in the RV while it's being towed on the road, even if it is just for a quick nap. Accidents can happen, not just on the road but even inside the RV while it's being moved. Best to just pull over some place to rest for a few hours and then go back on the road.