roadside service

sawwood

Any thoughts about Good Sam roadside service vs. Coach-Net?

I've had 2 occasions to call Good Sam and both times the waits were in the 4 hour range. Worth switching to Coach-Net?

LEN

Re: roadside service

My though is and I could be wrong--There are only so many able to service RV's in a given area and I woulds bet both company's have a very similar and overlapping list. So with either you may have had the same servicing company and just because one or the other calls I don't think the wait time would be different. I do have GS but I hear stories about either both good and bad.

LEN

utmtman

I have coach-net and I am quite happy with them. I too have heard about problems with good sam. I used coach net the first time two months after I got it to tow my car that had broken down. Had a truck there within the hour. The second time I was stuck in mud to the axle out in the country and again they had a wrecker to me within the hour and the wrecker did a great job of getting me out. I know that they go to the closest support location to get help but I would have to say they know better than I do where those help companies are since they can get help so quickly. Also Coach-Net has tech support available to walk you thru system check dealing with problems. They will also call and make you an appt for you vehicle at the nearest location that can fix your problem. Just to name a few of the things they offer.

vanole

I previously had GS and was happy with the service but upon renewal they ould not match what Coachnet offered. I've had Coachnet now for 6 years and upon renewal I will go with them again.

V/R
Jeff

JimE

I dont have any experience with Coachnet but I have been with Good Sams for about 6 years now. Response in urban areas always within the hour, rural 2-3 hours but never any arguments about responding. Not sure about Coachnet but I like the fact that GS responds to all of my kids car problems as well. Considering my daughter thinks her car is a bumper car this comes in handy. The only drawback is the flood of mail they send wanting you to sign up for medical coverge and reminding you 11 months in advance that its time to renew.

vanole

JimE,

Concerning additional vehicles Coachnet does the same as Good Sam.

V/R
Jeff