RV Caravan to Western Parks

ncshooter64

My wife & I are planning to take a RV Caravan trip to the western state parks this fall and I am interested in hearing from people who have experienced this type of travel. We have been camping for several years but have not taken a trip of this length (28-33 days) or distance (located in NC). Any advice from personal experience would be appreciated.
Thanks.
06 F350 Dually Diesel
33 ft. Jayco Fiver

C Nash

Re: RV Caravan to Western Parks

Welcome to the forum Tim. I have never wanted to travel with a Caravan. I had rather go alone and do as we please. There will be places that the caravan travel that you may not want to. Jut my opinion :)

Triple E

I have only traveled in a group back in my motorcycle days. Didn't care to much for it. Some places you want to stay and visit a little longer and some you don't. In a caravan you always have to stay with the group on their time schedule. Now if I were to travel into Mexico that would be a different story. JMHO ;)

:8ball:

LEN

I too am one not to do the Caravan trip. But if you are limited to the # of days to travel plus getting the reservations this might be good. The way we travel we don't get reservations until we are ready to move on and then we may start out and look for a place by phone a hour or so before stopping. But for us a lot of the time boondocking for a couple nights to a week to 10 days is always on the table. I think another thing for me "I'm cheap, frugal,watch my money!" why pay someone to do what I can do.

LEN