RV Liquidators now SPAMing us!

Kirk

I just received the following in my e-mail box. I have never visited this site and have no plan to. I did edit out the URL to avoid helping him.

Hi,
Want to buy or sell a Motorhome, Fifthwheel, Travel Trailer, or Camper? Feel free to visit WWW.XXXXXXXXXX.COM. We have buyers on our site everyday looking for RVs of all types. Were also able to arrange financing and able to take trades. We don't charge any commissions or consignment fees! Mention my name and this E-mail and receive 25% off! Now that's a deal!

Jay Brown

retlveit

Great idea Chelse! Kinda like when a telemarketer calls tell him/her "just a minute, I'll find him/her". Then set the phone down (don't hang up). Everytime I've done that there has never been anyone on the line when I checked 5 minutes or so later. :laugh:

Kirk

It is not a good idea to reply to any spam but particularly in the manner that you suggest. I learned that by experience when I did something of that type. I got a note from him which said "This will teach you, SOB." What followed was a rain of thousands of responses from unhappy recipiants of his SPAM as he inserted my address into the return on the next few SPAM mailings that he sent out. I had noticed some time ago the the from was often faked, but had never thought of that one. Thanks to a son and a daughter-in-law in the industry, we were able to back track the sender from the note he sent to me and we were successful in getting the guy black-balled on the ISP services here in the USA. But I had to change my addres and close that mailbox to stop the problems. The other thing is that what you suggest would also confirm that your address is a good one. It is never a good idea to respond to those, not even to the "unsubscribe" addresses.

C Nash

Thanks for the info Kirk. That makes sense. I generall dump the spam in my bulk mail and never even open them. Delete about 20 per day.