RV toilet paper

Violet22251

We are wondering about toilet paper for our RV. We have heard that you absolutely must buy RV toilet paper. Also that any 1 or 2 ply will be fine. And finally that you can check to see if the toilet paper you have is going to be okay by putting it in water & shaking it and if it more or less dissolves, it is okay.

And experiences either way?

Grandview Trailer Sa

I am a firm believer in RV paper. I have seen, and had to work on, TOO MANY tanks that regular paper was used. Take your regular paper and some RV paper...put them each in a glass of water and shake them up. You will see what I mean. Your tanks are not septic tanks...they are storage tanks and you want things to break down so it will wash out!!!

rjf7g

I only use RV paper. I know there are folks who do otherwise, but it just doesn't cost that much more and Ken is my dealer. Why would I go against his advice?

C Nash

Most say that any 1 ply will be ok but we also only use toilet paper made for rv use.

3Nails

Have used household 2 ply in our fifth wheel for 11 years (recently sold and upgraded). Never had a bit of problem. We did use the blue stuff for each tank. Breaks down ALL solids including the paper, plus keeps things smelling good.

toyzrus

3Nails;83033 said:
Have used household 2 ply in our fifth wheel for 11 years (recently sold and upgraded). Never had a bit of problem. We did use the blue stuff for each tank. Breaks down ALL solids including the paper, plus keeps things smelling good.

Ok now you have me wondering, what is the BLUE STUFF?

3Nails

Was afraid you were going to ask. "Chem" something or something "Chem" (I think). Get ours at Wally World (RV / Automotive section). Comes in powder and liquid form. We use the powder (little packets). Works really well. About 7 bucks.

akjimny

Boss Lady and I use regular old Scott single-ply paper. That said, we also use "Blue Stuff" (or whatever color) and use plenty of water when we dump and flush the tank. About the only problem we have had is paper will get stuck on the sensor and will make it read fuller than it really is.

dailydriver

Charmin Ultra, just like we use at the house. After 3 motorhomes and one fifth wheel, I've had no problems at all. Make sure plenty of water is used. If you have a "heavy user" onboard, there may be problems that arise. Some people who go through a roll every couple of days might for sure go with one of the RV toilet papers. For our use, we prefer the proven strength and security of "the good stuff".:stupid: