Rv tp paper

Discussion in 'General RVing' started by idrivetheambulance, Dec 27, 2009.

1. idrivetheambulance

idrivetheambulance New Member

Ok I have read many places about this. I have found mixed reaction to this so I figured I would ask you guys and gals. I am gettin ready to go full timin in my rv and am curious if I should use the rv paper or if there is a brand that is cheaper that would disolve quickly. It would just be myself most of the time. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

2. SnowbirdInFlight

SnowbirdInFlight Senior Member

RE: Rv tp paper

Scott brand that says septic safe is what I use. No problems with stopping up the toilet.

3. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

Re: Rv tp paper

The cheap brand single ply from walmart works fine. If in doubt put several sheets in a mason jar with water shake it up and see how long it trakes it to dissolve.

4. H2H1

H2H1 Senior Member

Well the cheap toilet paper from Wal Mart is what I have been using for years. But the most important thing to remember is use lot of water. :laugh: :laugh:

5. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

Hollis I started out using corn cobs :eek: but they don't work in the rv :laugh: ;)

6. Grandview Trailer Sa

Grandview Trailer Sa Senior Member

RV paper will dissolve faster, and that is what you want. Like Nash says, shake some up in a bottle. I tried the cheap stuff and have much better luck with RV TP.

7. JimE

JimE Senior Member

I'mm still trying to get the corn cob idea out of my head!!! At least use the Sears and Roebucks Catalog.

8. USMC

USMC Member

do I put the corn cob in a jar of water to test it's durability? LOL :laugh:

9. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

You guys and gals that aint from the country probably have never used a corn cob. They worked fine out behind the barn. Just kind of rough :eek: :laugh: Yep Jim in the later years we had the Sears catalog :laugh:

10. idrivetheambulance

Wow if I only knew this conversation would start....LOL

11. LEN

LEN Senior Member

I always thought corn cobs had a right and wrong direction, but I couldn't read yet and just walked funny.

LEN

12. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

Shawn, see what the down times do to us rvers :laugh: :laugh: Yep, len you are correct on the right and wrong way. Takes about three times wrong to figure out the right :laugh: :laugh:

13. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

OH, and the white cobs work better than the dark ones :eek:

14. Guest

Guest Guest

and also ,, better if just shelled ,, nice and soft ,, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

15. idrivetheambulance

Wow and I thought I was bad with down time. I am a country boy but I can say I have never used a corn cob....LOL

16. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

You just aint old enough to go back to the cob days Shawn :laugh:

17. utmtman

utmtman Senior Member

Good grief I bet a lot of these young whipper snappers dont know what its like walking out to the out house in the middle of the night during a snow storm and use the pot. LOL the home I was raised in had indoor water but not facilities until some 25 years ago. When all us kids were grown and gone from home.

18. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

I didn't even have running water until I married :eek: Also brings back memories of the thunder jug :laugh: and Mama hollering "if you can't hit it go outside" :laugh: hard to aim when it is dark and no electric light to turn on. Too much trouble to light the kerosene lamp. And those were the good ole days :laugh:

19. USMC

USMC Member

LoL Mr. Nash, yes I remember those days, We didn't have an indoor toilet or running water until I joined the Marines ha-ha and I thought it was great that the Marines furnished the toilet paper.

We did have electricity but it was a 32 horsepower sears and Roebuck engine that charged a bank of batteries so we could have electric lights at night, when I was about 9 years old we got rural electric connected to our home.

Not only did the Marines furnish me a bathroom, they also gave me 3 squares a day and I always liked the hot SOS in the mornings for breakfast over toast with the scrambled eggs and hot coffee. :)

Coming from the country I couldn't believe that they were going to feed me,give me free rent and SOS at no charge. plus toilet paper, and a pay check what a great life. LOL later Jim

20. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

Military sure offered a way out of those good ole days for sure USMC. Thank you for your service to our country :approve:
    Shawn, have we answered your :question: :laugh: