RV TP ( toilet Paper )

rentprop1

is it really necessary to use the RV toilet paper especially when you are dumping into a city holding tank which is basically the other city sewer

I know an RV park that has city sever service ( the same as if you used the bathroom in the clubhouse and flushed ) it all goes to the same place ??

aside from some warnings about the biodegradable needs to break down in the holding tank blah,blah,blah

is it just a suggestion to use the RV TP while regular camping and the good stuff ( regular house hold TP ) while at the city sewer park ??

what would it actually do, I can rinse my tank after the final dumping before leaving the park ????

krsmitty

Re: RV TP ( toilet Paper )

Good question. If it helps any we were told that you can use a any single ply type TP. Did not have to be specifically for RV's.

vanole

I've heard just as Ken posted above.

As you mentioned about flushing tanks I give the black water tank a good flush/rinse each time after I dump the tank.

Jeff

akjimny

Mac, I use Scott single ply toilet paper that I buy in bulk at Costco. The only problem I have ever had with this tp is that it will occasionally stick to the sides of the holding tank and give me a false reading on the monitor. All I have to do is stick the whirly flush wand down the toilet and rinse out the tank.

I suspect my problem is not the paper but the fact that we don't use much water when we flush. More water would allow the tp to dissolve and break up easier, but we are very frugal when it comes to water use. Old habits die hard. :laugh: :laugh: :) :)

C Nash

Mac Take the tolet paper you use, well actually before you "really" use it :laugh: and put some in a quart water jar. Shake it up and see how long it takes it to dissolve. If it does pretty quick its ok to use. I'm assuming you leave your sewer take valve closed until the tank is full before dumping. You should.