SAD DAY

H2H1

Well it is aSAD DAYhere in Georgia, winter is setting in, and I just winterized and covered the MH:( . So now al I got to do is read the forum and wait for Spring. However I am hoping on getting some goodideas while waiting. I have planned our next trip out next Spring. We are heading to Rapid City, SD :cool: :bleh: and the surrounding areas. So if anyone has any good suggestion as what to go see, or do please let me know.

rjf7g

Re: SAD DAY

Sorry for your loss. I just brought my class C home from the shop (needed an inspection) and am going to start getting it ready for our Thanksgiving outing tomorrow!

H2H1

but of course Jim, but I like the company of the wife when I travel, besides we have a new grand baby due next month and the wife doesn't want to leave town, and I under stand that and that is why it MH is put up. We will be back on the road in March and in April as we are planning on going to GTS open house.

WandaLust

RE: SAD DAY

By the time we get the brakes fixed on the Sunline and replace the missing park of the swaybar it will be the dead of winter here. :( We'll probably just winterize her and let her sit until spring. :(

C Nash

Aw Hollis it aint cold enough to winterize yet. Wait till it's 20 degree and then go frezze yourself because you just could'nt stand the thought of having to park the MH. :angry: Know what you mean bout them Grandkids. Our youngest has latched on to us and it's really going to be hard leaving not to mention the twin Granddaughters.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Well, we had a great time this weekend. A little cool last night and this morning because the wind got up, but we survived.

Going again at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Might winterize after that, but back going first of March. At least, that is the plan.

Kirk

We pull out of our spot here on Lavon Lake in Texas tomorrow morning and head toward Florida! We plan to spend about two weeks getting there but will be spending the winter at Shark Valley in Everglades National Park. If any of you get cold, drop on down to visit us and we will be happy to show you around!

*scooter*

Not quite ready to winterize here yet. Then again it doesn't get to a consistant cold here either. Past few days were in the mid 70's and today about 80. Nights get a little cool though. Probably go towards So. Cal. in a couple weeks if the fires are out..

G

Roger ,, now u know why the temps are so hot ,, it's them damn wildfires :laugh: ,, hey i'm JK with u ,, i know they are an every yr thing for u guys ,, can almost set u'r calendar by them ,, but i feel for all that lost homes and such in them ,,, but next u'll have the mudslides ,, but agian ,, my heart goes out to all those that have lossed :disapprove: :approve: :approve:

buftflair

What is "winterize"? The biggest problem that we have here in the sunny south is that all the bugs get a couple of years growth on them since we rarely have a freeze :laugh:

DL Rupper

We are in the WONDERFUL town of Quartsite, AZ. Thousands of RV's will convene here for the winter. This town will be absolutely full of RV'ers and flea markets. No decent food stores, and I mean NO decent food stores, but lots of food kiosks. The RV dealers will bring in hundreds of RV's from Phoenix to sell. To tell the truth it looks like RV trailer trash heaven. I'm a good ol red neck boy, but this is not what I would call fun and it's just warming up for the winter Snowbird arrivals.

Next stop Mesa, AZ. See new pics in album.

C Nash

DL, the Oatman pictures brought back memories of our trip there last April. Great seanery on the route 66 rd with the old mines and it's hard to believe this was a main rd through the mountain at one time. Did you pull the 5th wheel on that part of 66? Will you be posting pictures of Quartsite?

DL Rupper

Chelse that's a big no to pulling the 5er on RT 66. The road from Kingman, AZ to Oatman would be a white knuckle ride to say the least. Great fun town. We go there everytime we are in the Laughlin, NV area.

We talked about posting pictures of Quartsite, but concluded the place is so crappy looking that we didn't bother. Also, pictures now wouldn't do justice to what it will look like with thousands of RV'ers swarming all over the place and thousands of junk/flea market kiosks located everywhere. My wife added we didn't want to break our phone/camera taking the pictures.

Having said all the negative things about Quartsite it's a must see once type of place. You need to see it up close and in person. Pictures just wouldn't capture the ambiance. :laugh:

C Nash

We did see Quartsite in early April and there were still a lot of rvs parked on the BLM land. I agree it's worth seeing but, like you, i would not want to spend a winter there. Awsome sight when seen from the mountain coming into Quartsite. RVs as far as the eyes can see. Would believe we saw a MH coming east out of Oatman on 66 and not a small one. Bet he had some white knuckles and dirty britches :laugh:

*scooter*

You could be right about the temperature here being related to the fires. I feel for those people in So. Cal. Several years ago, I was involved with the big fire in the Oakland hills so I kinda have a little idea. True, now that there is nothing to hold the dirt together, the rain will just make a big mudslide. Of course that's if it rains. :eek: Today, another fine day..mid 70's here but 'they' say cooler temp in the near future. Hope everything is rightside up in your world. ;)

G

scooter ..well it could be better ,, not much going on as far as business ,, very slow ,, but i guess it will pick up ,, if the fuel holds steady ,, but thanks for asking :approve: :approve: :approve: