safari rearveiw mirror loose

txrumbleweed

A Newbie here, I don't know if there are a lot of do it yourselfers here, but on my 99 Safari, my driver side rear veiw mirror is loose between the head and what is a pretty heavy duty stanction. I can't see a nut to tighten, and after removing the lower convex mirror I wonder if that is some kind of nut of sorts of inside the base. any help here? :8ball:

Clay L

Re: safari rearveiw mirror loose

Mine has a recessed hex head screw that tightens the mirror. Don't know about yours.

vanole

Re: safari rearveiw mirror loose

txtumbleweed,

Mine are like what Clay mentioned. At one time mine all had covers on hexhead screw. I've since lost one of the covers. Not all is lost though the covers have and indentation that allows you t pop them off to get to the hexhead screw. You should not have to remove any mirrors. The screws are on the arm (stanchion) holding the mirrors. All tightening points (hexhead screws) are recessed and not readily visable

I have a Monaco product also and my mirros have 4 covers that hold the mirror assembly to the motorhome. Then there are an additional 3 points that you can tighten the mirror. One on the mirror head assembly (near the bottom I think this is the one that will remedy your problem), and two others down lower sort of under the arm but up higher than 4 points where it attaches to the motorhome. I believe my mirrors are made by Velvac.

V/R
Jeff

V/R
Jeff

txrumbleweed

RE: safari rearveiw mirror loose

Clay and Vanole,
Thanks! I thought I was all over that thing... Just missed the hidden buggers.. Now they are obvious. And tight now. Thanks again!
now on to the Dee Howard system... :clown: