Slide motor

Harbert

Ref. 2007 KZ Durango
All Durango owners, please be aware that your 12 volt slide motor{s} shall fail. It is not IF it will fail but WHEN. This i can assure you. The 12 volt DC motor is located directly behind the rear tires. There is a rubber sleeve that slips over the motor but the 2 twelve volt wires come out the end and allow a slight opening.
When one travels say for hours on a rainy day the motor is being lambasted with water under pressure from the tires. My motor was completely rusted and corroded inside. All KZ has to do is caulk and seal around the rubber sleeve of the motor and better still put some kind of shroud or deflector between tires and motor. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the motor,only shabby cheap workmanship from KZ.
My motor was replaced in 2008 and has failed again. I asked KZ to at least meet me half way, on the cost of a motor, but they refused to even answer my e-mail. BEWARE BEWARE!!!!!
JohnWalker

C Nash

Re: Slide motor

Welcome to the forum John. Thanks for the heads up on checking for the water getting in the slide mtr. Those things are not cheap. Maybe KZ owners will see this and do what is necessary to fix. Has there been a recall? Sorry to hear that KZ is not stepping up and doing something to remedy this problem. Keep us posted

Harbert

Re: Slide motor

Chelse,
There has been no recall or bulletin of any sort.
Word of mouth is a powerful forum. I just don't get KZ's attitude. I would even accept a motor at 1/2 price.
This greed, and non caring attitude will catch up with them.
John

Dear I.R.S.,,, Please cancel my subscription!!!