Slide Mtr

C Nash

Well just our luck:( Started to get the MH ready to leave and found that the slide would not go out. Checked it and found the motor bad. It had worked fine the last time used. Took the motor apart and the armature was fried. Anyone have a suggestion as to why? Never any binding and seems as though they should last longer. 2002 model. Tried to get a price from power gear but their parts web was down tonight. Anyone know about how many bucks? Can you just buythemotor or does it come with the gear box? Oh well everything happens for a reason and it'll just throw us leaving latter:)

G

RE: Slide Mtr

Nash , the last one i replaced came with the gear box and everything ,, but u might be able to find a starter /alt rebuilder ,, they could rebuild the motor only ,, worth a shot ,, and for why ,, well as u know ,, it's a piece of machnery it's gonna give out at some time ,, kinda like ,, why the hell did the trans slip in the drag car ,, it was fine 2 passes ago ,,, it's kinda the the same thing in away ,, u know ,, but for u ,, i would ck into getting the motor rebuilt ;) :approve: :approve:
oops ,, forgot ,, don't know of the price right off ,, but there are diff size motors for the size of the slide ,,, if i find the recipt for the repair i will let u know ,, but agian i think u'r better going with the motor rebuild :approve: :approve:

C Nash

Re: Slide Mtr

Thanks Rod. There should be a rebuilder in the Birmingham area and I'll ck it out tomorrow. Started thinking how maybe I could retrofit a reduction starter motor and really make it work fast. :eek: ;) You know how us old dragsters just want to make things faster. :laugh: :laugh:

G

now slow down ,, nash , if u do that ,, u prolly will have to add nitrous next ,, IMO that would be bad ,,, u don't want a slide in a slide in the other camp sight ,, hell it my even launch it into the next county :eek: :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :evil: :evil: :clown: :clown: :dead:

C Nash

I'll just put some wide rollers on the rails and a parachute on the slide :bleh: :bleh: :laugh: :laugh:

LEN

Better to have the slide in at home than on the road and can't get it in. does yours have the manual socket/nut on it? Could maybe get by with a speed wrench or a drill with a socket on it. I have eyed this Idea on mine with a failure in mind.

LEN

C Nash

Len, mine has that feature but I would hate to have to do it. Have tried just so I would know and now I know I would never roll it out. Manual says you would probably have to have someone helping push it back in and I believe it. Oh well, the slide is still worth it. Everything comes with a price. :laugh:

H2H1

Nash u have any luck on the motor today? keep us posted on it. I be happy to ck around here for one for u.

C Nash

Naw Hollis, most everything is closed until after New Year so will probably be Monday before I find anything. There is a place here local that rewinds electric motors but don't know if they will fool with anything this small. power Gears parts web site is down and their offices don't open until the 5th if I have to order a new one. The part # is 13-1133

G

Hollis now u know what u'r gonna get nash ,, an old lawn mower pull cord :eek: :laugh: :laugh: ,,, JK with u hollis :) ,, yea nash let us know what u come up with :approve: :approve:

C Nash

Might just have to tie a rope to Betty and tell her giddy up :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :blackeye: :dead:

H2H1

Now I wouldn't go and do that , remember how long ya'll been together, well that might call just it over, JK I know it for life.