Slideout on 2004 Wilderness RV

sammye

:( I was hoping someone could give me a suggestion about our slideout that is out and we can't get it back in? We have a trip planned this weekend and need some help quick.

C Nash

Re: Slideout on 2004 Wilderness RV

Is it electric or hydraulic? There should be a manual way to slide it back in. If electric is it getting voltage to the motor? Do you hear a click or anything? Do the lights dim when hiting in? Need more info> Mine just quit and it was the motor.

big bilko

RE: Slideout on 2004 Wilderness RV

My slideout won.t retract if the r v is not completely level. Also you should have a manual override. Mine has a small round disc in the centre out side on the face of the slide out and a small crank handle. Also I find that as the motor is bringing the slide It helps if you pull carefully to assist it (not too hard). My r.v is a 2005 Coachmen and may be different but I am sure you will have an override system built in . Good Luck Big Bilko :) :)

Hensley Ron

Re: Slideout on 2004 Wilderness RV

Whenever this happens to me, it's invariably the battery. I've discovered that just because the meter says it's charged doesn't mean I'm getting enough power for the slide. I see I'm too late to save your weekend, but I always try a different battery before I dig any deeper. Motors do go out. I know at least one full-timer who carries a spare.