Some more questions about winter camping

dennhop

I've been reading through the threads, and I'm not sure what all I need specifically for my own TT that I have. I own a 99 Trail Lite 30 ft TT. This is my first TT, so I don't know a lot about camping in an RV to begin with, and I'm also kind of jumping in with both feet, since the first time we use it will be in the winter in PA. I've started reading through the winter camping threads, and I'm not sure what applies to my situation, so I was hoping you all could help a bit.
Like I mentioned, the TT is a Trail Lite, it's a 99, fully enclosed belly. I've winterized it for the time being, but I'm not sure what all I need to do to be able to use it. I don't know if there's heat along the tanks, since the belly pan is there. I just recently checked the furnace the other day, and it works great, since we ran it the other night while we were sleeping in it. I don't know now though, if the furnace is all electric, or propane, because I filled one propane tank, but I'm not sure if it actually was using it or not?
As far as the tanks, and using the water go, I know there's the city water hookup on the side of the trailer, and also there's another hose line, on the side of the trailer, that I haven't actually figured out what it's for...I'm assuming that it's for just rapid filling of the water tank, without having to hook up to a hose?
Ideally, I'd like to be able to use the water, at least for toilet use, if not toilet and showers, but I'm still unsure about using the storage tank on the trailer in the winter time. I also have no clue how much water it holds in the tank either...
If I fill it all the way up, can I use it to shower and use the toilets, and just dump enough rv antifreeze down the toilet and shower drains, to fill up the tanks? Or do I need to just leave the water out of the situation, and just bring jugs for the toilet, and not shower at all? The furnace works great, so the interior heat isn't a huge deal, but I'm just not sure what all I would need to do to run the toilet and shower. I'm on a budget, so if there's a lot of expensive stuff I'd need to do, before December, I won't be able to, but if there's any tips, tricks, or cheaper options to do, or anyone with experience with a 99 Trail Lite, 30 ft model, I'd appreciate any information.
Also, before I forget, the front of the roof is still holding right now, but it seems like it got a little soft at some point. What's the deal with replacing sections of roof on a trailer? Sorry about the long post, but thanks for any help you guys could provide!

C Nash

Re: Some more questions about winter camping

Seth you should be ok if you plan on leaving the furnace on all the time. Just keep ck on how much propane you have. The small bottles want last very long. If you leave the hose for fresh water hooked up it will have to be wrapped. You can also place a small light in the area where the waterpump is located. Your furnace will run off propane or all I have seen are. When it comes on you should hear a roar from the exhaust on the heater. Some aacs do have a small electric heat but it probably want heat hte rv in colder days. Most rvs are not made for real cold temps. A small electric heater will help the furnace. Leave the cabnit doors where the water lines are open. If you are not moving the rv some type underpinning will really help. AJMO

dennhop

Re: Some more questions about winter camping

We'll be using the rv in a parking lot outside a hotel, since we'll have the dogs with us, so no hookups, we'll be self contained, no water or electricity, just our generators and whatever water we have with us. Don't know if that makes a difference in planning.