speedo & odometer

SIERRATOYZ

Hello: i noticed over our last trip my speedo was off about 7 miles per hour at 70 actual 63 miles per hour on gps, question does this effect the odometer or the miles per gallon ( mpg & odometer is digital )
coach is a 2005 Damon Intruder with the workhorse chassis 8.1 chevy & allison trans original tires still on which are 22.5 radials, mpg for last 2 trips was 10.1 & 9.9 first trip thru mountains of NC about 500 miles 2nd trip to Nags head about 300 miles any ideas?
thanks for any help

Bounder Boy

Re: speedo & odometer

Hmmmm Can tell you that I once took a motorcycle trip with 3 others. All 4 of us were on Honda Goldwings within 2 yrs old of each other and EVERY time we stopped to fill up, we had 4 different mileage readings..... so go figure. :question:

BB

H2H1

Hi Fred, I also have a 8.1 with an Allison tranny but it is in a Fleet wood South wind. I don't think I get those GPM going down hill. I drive at 65 mph as much as I can and my GPS is showing the same speed. . So I would imagine if you are running at 65 you are actually running 7 less and getting better mileage.

Bounder Boy

Fred: does your GPS by chance also have the DTG (distance to go) feature reading? You could compare that to the Odometer and see how far off it is....
BB

C Nash

Sounds as though the odometer is also off. I average around 8MPG in our HR 32 ft with the V10 ford 2002 model. Just leave it alone because it sounds good getting better MPG. M speedometer and GPS are right together and the mile markers on the hw agree with my odometer

SIERRATOYZ

RE: speedo & odometer

thanks for all the responses, i will check the gps next time for miles to go
thanks
Fred