Storing you RV

joindy

I live in the midwest with lots of cold weather in winter and heat in the summer. If I use the RV six or seven weeks a year and have dry, unheated inside, concrete floor storage area for rest of the year, can I expect the fiberglass sided RV to last many years? In other words, is inside storage really beneficial?

cougarkid

Re: Storing you RV

No official knowledge here, but indoor storage has to be better.

First off, UV rays beating down on the tires, fiberglass and roof (rubber?) with make the roof deteriorate, the paint fade and the tires rot.

Second, the lack of "weather" inside will stop water damage from leaks (longer lasting roof = less chance of leaks). The big storm outside will cause no damage to your rv.

Third, fading of carpet, curtains, seats will be minimized.

Forth, with good screens and screen door, it can stand "open" and breath. No musty smell when you go to use it.

Plus, easy to do maintanance and repairs inside on concrete.

Just my thoughts.

LEN

You betcha it will be better on the RV. Sun is more of a killer than cold or heat.

LEN

We live in Florida where it's hot and muggy. The rig is stored indoors and that sure beats being parked out in the hot sun and other weather we endure. The inside temperature is in the mid 70s and less inside the rig. If you can store it indoors by all means do so.