Tent / PUP Trailer Restoration.

Discoducks

Hello Everyone. New To the board, and trailer camping. We are so excited! Just purchased a 1983 19' Starcraft. It's in fairly good condition, but we would really like to bring some funkiness to it by making it our own (one of a kind) by replacing the cushions, paneling, paint the exterior, tile floors, etc. Has anyone done this? We are open to suggestions! Also, if anyone knows where we can purchase rims for this trailer, it would be greatly appreciated. We live in the unincorporated area of Temecula Ca. Thanks!

"A Man Is Born To Achieve Great Things...If He Has The Strength To Conquer Himself" - Bruce Lee :cool: :cool: :cool:

LEN

Re: Tent / PUP Trailer Restoration.

Welcome,
Cushions should be EZ, take apart what you have and go to a upholstery do it yourself shop and away you go with sew and go. Or go to any boat or some car upholstery shop and have them made. Rest of interior at any Home Depot or Lowes and you might even get the upholstery things there too and the paints. As to the tile I don't think I would go ceramic for weight(too much) and the popup's twist and turn and also bounce while being towed, think it would not last the first trip. As to the rims any tire shop or camping world, and look the tires over if your not getting new.

LEN

utmtman

We bought ptires and a spare tire and rim from walmart when we had our tent trailer. They should be available thru any tire shop. At worse they can order them in usually withing 2 to 3 days. I agree with len about the ceramic tile. The first time you try to level on uneven ground and your door is a little sticky to open and close you will see what he means by the twisting of the trailer. The rest can be done thru any upholstery shop and hardware store.

Kirk

At 19', am I correct to assume that this is a Starcraft travel trailer and not a tent top/pop-up? If you know the tire size you should be able to get one from the local tire shop. It might be a good idea to pull the spare tire & wheel off and take it along to the tire shop and have them determine exactly what you need.

On the cushions, if the foam is broken down you will need to get new at an upholstery shop. You could have the new ones made, or buy upholstery fabric and then take the old covers apart and use the pieces as a pattern for new ones. For tile on the floors, it is really little different than it is doing the same in a house. I prefer one piece linoleum for an RV although the squares can be used and are easier to work with. Any home supply store should have the supplies and also instructions on how to use them.

Exterior paint is a bigger challenge. Automotive paint would be the best to use and preparation is very important. If your trailer has aluminum sides the preparation will be different than if it is made of fiberglass. You may also want to replace curtains and window coverings as well.

Discoducks

Can Those Cushions Be Removed And Cleaned? Does Anyone Know How? They Don't Look Too Bad. It's Just The Musty Smell. Thinking Of Covering Them With Fitted Sheets To Save Some Moolah. Today, An Upholstery Shop Quoted Me $1300.00 and Two Weeks. :dead:

Discoducks

Here are The Rest Of The Photos: Thanks Everyone. We Can Use All The Advice Given!

:) :cool: