Thoughts on 1992 Gulfstream 30' ???

therealmacgyver

I'm actually in the market for a TT, but happened upon a listing for a coach in my area that seems like a pretty good deal. I've heard people say that when motorhomes get 10+ years old they can start to become a money pit. I know nothing about this brand, so anyone have the good, the bad, and the ugly on this one?

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Thoughts on 1992 Gulfstream 30' ???

I sell their trailers. Never heard anything really bad about Gulf Stream's MH's. Like everything, with age comes maintance. Look it over good.

SierraTom

Re: Thoughts on 1992 Gulfstream 30' ???

By your name I can tell you're a fix-it guy... so be prepared as I did when buying an older ('84) 31 footer Class A a gas rig... with 454 Chevy. I could write a book I think... how it took me two and a half days to go from Riverside to Phoenix to get the thing smogged... after fueling up the smog pump went,12 miles from home a blow out on one of the four rear tires and then AAA came in handy. Then 40 miles down the road a drive belt blew... new smog pump frozen... needed new belt(s). The blow-out cause the tire carcass to crush the exhaust pipe closed... Then the water pump went .... all in all... it was and experience in mid June in Palm Springs... Then I found out the sawed-off exhaust ahd melted the gray water tank to a fudgsicle blob...
I am a handy guy... but it's a lot easier to install a tank without all the built stuff around where the old one used to be...
What I am getting at is adventure... and work of love... stuff happens... it's how we deal with it. Tom