Tire Balancing

Radman2776

Just took a trip in the RV and noticed the front tires are bouncing all over the road. (out of balance) There are several options available that I know of: Dyna Beads ( bead that constantly balance the tire) Balancing rings ( constantly balancing the tires and the wheels from what I understand ) and then the tradiational way with weights. I would like to hear some feed back from you guys and give me some guidance.
Phillip :)

G

RE: Tire Balancing

What size tires are u running ??? I have mine balanced the traditional way ,, with hammer on weights ,, but one thing that u might want to ck into if u go the trad. route ,, and that is road force balancing ,, it's really worth it ,, and if they really know how to use the machine , they can match the runout to the rim runout ,, mine are smooth as glass on the hiway ,, and yes ,, they were road force balanced ,, but it's up to u :approve: :approve: :)

Radman2776

Thanks for your reply. What do you mean by Road force balancing?? I was thinking of trying the traditional way first. But I would like to know what that means???
thansk,
Phillip :)

G

well road force is kinda a traditional way ,, u still use the hammer on weights ,, but by road force i mean ,, the balancer exerts over 700 lbs on the tire ,, and it can see any variations in the tire and wheel ,, and the operater can compinsate for that ,, as i said in the last post ,, they can match the outta round of the wheel to the tire ,, makes for a much smoother ride ,, but one other thing i forgot to mention ,, ,, is not many tire shops have them ,, most of the truck tire shops have them ,, they are a very expensive balancer (range of 20,000) so most shops don't use them ,, but IMO ,, call around in u'r area ,, and see who does offer the force balancing ,, u'll be glad u did :approve: :approve: :approve: :)

larry koenn

Re: Tire Balancing

radman,

Dana beads and the newer ceramic beads work really well in a RV application. I have all six 22.5" tires mounted with beads and am very happy with the ride. There is even a kit available so the beads can be added after a tire is mounted. Beads are put in thru the valve stem. The larger the tire the more beads are required so it may be a big hassle to put them in thru the valve stem on larger tires. Mine were put in in a plastic looking bag when mounted. The tires balance them selves with in a couple of miles and remain balanced there after. I don't understand how they work but I can say they do, or at least provide the best ride I've ever had. I've been using them for three years and would insist on them on any tire on my RV or I would go somewhere else if a tire provider would not supply them. I've had them put in at Goodyear and Les Schwab tire shops. The manager at the Goodyear shop was the one who first talked me into using them. My front tires used to cup due to getting miss-balanced as they aged, my two front tires now have a little over 40k miles on them and still look and feel like the day they were mounted. Beads are the only way to go as far as I'm concerned.