Tires

garrett

What are the best tires to purchase for a '89 Ford 460 MH 27'? Approximate weight is 11,000 lbs. I drive on main roads, sometimes dirt roads and light snow. Is Costco a good place to buy?

janicenlarry

Tires

Make sure that you use only tires rated for MH service. Also weigh your rig loaded as you would travel, and consult a reliable tire mfgs guide as to tire size and inflation. Michelin publishes a great guide that you should be able to get from a dealer or on line.

ARCHER

Tires

I have bought all my MH tires at Discount Tire. Best prices I have found. They were Michelin tires and so far so good.... ;)

Kirk

Tires

I suggest that you shop either Michelin or Good Year and look to the tires that they each sell for motorhome service, specifically. While they won't be the cheapest tires, they will serve better and last longer. Both of these companies have developed tire compounds that were designed for motorhome use where the tire sits still more than it is driven. This should make the tires last much longer as current tires should be replaced when they are between 5 & 7 years old. I have a set of the new Good Year, G670s and they are great tires, but not cheap. Six of them cost me $1500 in a 19.5 size.

ARCHER

Tires

Kirk, your right on with the costs. Mine for 4 was right at $1,200.00 including balancing, mounting and life time road hazard warranty and free rotation/balancing.