Torque Wrench help

smilinjohn

I'm so new and have lots and lots of questions popping into my head.

What should I consider getting......a 1/2" or 3/4" drive 'torque socket wrench', calibrated in foot-pounds?

I need, as I understand, to maintain torque of several nuts on the travel trailer.....wheel lug nuts, tow vehicle hitch and equilizer / sway hitch nuts. So far I'm required to maintain wheel lug nuts @ 95-100, 5/8" nuts @ 120 and [ 3/4" nuts @ 300 foot-pounds or 150 ft-lbs. + 1/4-turn ]. I'm not opposed to having two torque wrenches, if necessary.

Perhaps, I errored when I ordered a 2" ball, with a 1-1/4" threaded shank, requiring 450 ft-lbs. torque on the nut; where I could have gotten by using a 1" shank + 1/8" bushing, with a required nut torque of 250 ft.-lbs. I suppose I'll have to become a frequent visitor to my local farm implement dealer to locate a 450 pounder for that 1-1/4" nut.

Any help / suggestions you can send my way is appreciated. Where to buy would be good, too.

:) John

G

RE: Torque Wrench help

a 1/2 torque wrench will do all of those .. but buy a good one ,, say from a Snap on dealer or such ,, i have one that does not have anything less then 90 ftlbs for the lowest ,, for any thing lower i use a inch lb torque wrench ,, but i am glad u are thinking abut the torqueing of stuff on ur' rv ,, most don;t even bother with it ,, evn though not reallly that i do it ,, myself ,, but very few never think to ck thier wheels on the RV :eek: :)