Tow Dollys

knotahog

I am thinking of using a tow dolly to tow a front wheel drive car , is there a problem keeping one on your site when situated at a rv spot. I have a 31 ft. class A.

elkhartjim

Re: Tow Dollys

I use a dolly. Toad is Toyota Avalon and 38' DP. If I have a pull thru space, I leave the dolly hooked up and worst case pull up on the dolly when parking. If I back in, I unhook the dolly and push it tongue first under the front of the mh. This hasn't been a problem for me so far.

Welcome to the forum.

cwishert

We also use a tow dolly. Only two trips so far but from what I have seen of the places we have been, the dolly is not a problem. At the lake there is a small parking area across from some of the sites for just such things. Tow dollies, extra cars of visitors, boats, jet skis. When we were in Corpus Christi at the RV park, we just pushed the dolly under the rear of the MH as far as it would go because the site was not long enough to leave it hooked up. We parked the car next to the MH as there was enough room because we were on the end. I think a lot of people use them.

H2H1

Hello Terry and welcome to the forum. I have 36' Class A and tow a Honda Accord on a Master Tow Dolly. We have towed it from GA to AZ and West Palm Beach with no problem. Like Jim I try to get a pull thru when making reservations, but in some cases we can't away's do that so we store to dolly under the rear of the MH. Sometime times you can get a really good deal off E Bay. I have a 1996 in great shape but would like to update to a new one with electric brakes. It just preference of wanting brakes so just make sure you don't over load it and you should be ok, always remember what you are pulling is also what you are stopping. Good luck

knotahog

Hi and thanks to all for the info on the tow dollys I was away for awhile is one reason for the late reply the other is not knowing how to use the Forum correctly. Terry

H2H1

Terry welcome back, the forum is very user friendly, just as u have before just type your questions or just reply to others. We do get off track sometime, (well most of the time anyway), but most will find there way back and you will get an answer. And this is the most frendies forum you will find. BTW did you get you a cat dolly to tow your toad? :cool:

knotahog

RE: Tow Dollys

Hi, Glad to be back in Sebastian, no I did not get a tow dolly yet. I am going to trade my Dodge 1500 for a front drive vehicle, I am thinking about the Chevy HHR they look nice and can be towed 4 wheels down if I don't go for the Dolly. Terry

H2H1

welcome back, and good luck on your decision. I to was going for all 4 down, but decided agaist it as it was going to cost me a lot. The tow bar (BLUE OX) was around 375.00 base plate plus wiring it up was some where around 1500.00 to 2,000. So I decided to keep my dolly as the cost to go all 4 down will buy a lot of gas. :laugh: :laugh: