tow vehicle

H2H1

Ok I need some advice,and not to proud to ask for it. I have been looking for a newer toad. I would like to tow A4D and I have bought a blue ox tow bar but not the mounting plates. I looked at a jeep last week and today I was looking at a Toyota, Chevy and Nissan and a Mazda.I need to know if an automatic will do and if so what would I need to add to make it work. I am looking for a 4 door PU or a extented cab, suitable to carry 4 adults if needed. The Jeep was small and hard to get in the back. I am waiting and looking for your suggestions

G

RE: tow vehicle

Hollis ,, if u look into 4wds ,, with the nuetral postition on the tranfer case ,, even though it's automatic ,, u'll be ok ,, IMO ,, i have toad our durango a few times ,,, auto ,, with a nuetral on the transfer ,, and no probs ,, but next time i tow it ,, it's getting a brake buddy ,, that damn thing is heavy ,, and i know i get read the right act about towing without a aux braking system ,,, but it was a spare of the moment thingy ,, i now tow (besides the cj) a 07 pontiac G5 ,, but i had to install the axle dissconnects on it ,,, no one makes a trans pump for it yet ,, there are a few of my thoughts ,, :approve: :approve: :) :)

C Nash

Re: tow vehicle

Hollis, goggle Motorhome magazine and they have a section on which vehicles can be towed w/o mods. Like Rod said most 4 wh dr are great. I have the 4 door chevy tracker auto 4 wh dr and it's a great toad. Trans in park, 4 wh in neutral and go. Do get a braking system.

G

Re: tow vehicle

Yes ,, Nash i agree with the braking system ,,, if i tow the Durango any more ,, that will be the next investment in it ,, if i don't sell it before then ,,, we hardly use it anyways ,, even around here ,, oh i drive it on some work calls ,, but usally only to ck them out ,, then i use the service truck ,,, :approve: :approve: