Towing saturn Vue

setter1

Just purchased a 2004 Vue and put Tow Plate on the front for Tow-Bar and found out I can not tow a 4 cyclinder VTi transmission flat.
Any one have any suggestions outside of a Dolly (which I do not wish to do)
Thanks
JIM

elkhartjim

Re: Towing saturn Vue

Welcome to the forum. Two choices as I see it. Get a different vehicle or get a tow dolly. I have a dolly that I bought used for $750 and I've not had any problems.
Well of course, I don't have the same status as those that have paid from $2000. to $4000 to tow four down nor have I towed my vehicle several miles with the wheels turned or the brakes locked up. JMHO

H2H1

Jim ( setter 1) welcome , I went to tow A4D on my Honda Accord, I was told I could doing certain things before I started off and all would be OK. I bought Blue OX receiver hitch off E BAY and had a hard time justifying the cost of the base plate + wiring $1500.00 it was way more that I expected. I have always tow my Honda Accord on a car dolly and just bought one off E bay today so I am going back to towing on CAR DOLLY. PS if someone is looking for a Blue Ox tow receiver hitch I got one to sell. I hope this last part don't make anyone mad. :question: :cool:

setter1

Thanks for replys
I guess a Dolly is the answer
$900 for plate down the tube
Live and learn
JIM :(

dggreer

RE: Towing saturn Vue

I done the same thing and kept the VUE 3 mounths, got rid of it when I found out that the VTI trany was big trouble. Got the sedan which tows flat fine. A freind of mine has a 2007 VUE V6 all wheel drive which also tows flat.

H2H1

Jim (setter1) buy my receiver hitch and you can sell as a package deal. PM me and I will make you a deal on it

C Nash

Hollis, have you checked around for prices. There is no way it should cost 1500.00 for wiring and base plates. I didn't pay that much for base plate , tow bar and breaking system.

utmtman

I checked for my 06 vue which can be towed four down and its 1500 for the tow bar hitch plates and wiring installed. another 1200 for the brake unit and 700 for the rock shield. For now I will keep my dolly. Setter if you want to make a trade your bar and plates for my dolly I would gladly do so. You can message me about it.

C Nash

Falcon tow bar with all assessories from E-bay- 250.00 excellent condition. Base plates for 2002 Tracker 289.00 new. ready brake system with light in dash to tell it's working new 250.00 from Night Shift love it works great and never a problem. toad came loose in canada, think someone had removed pin at truck stop while eathing because I have never sheared one and failed to ck before pulling out as I normally always ck. The brake system and safety cables saved the day and the toad came to a stop behind the mh. Installed base plates and did all wiring myself. Brake system install myself no problem. Have towed 4 down 36,000 miles.