towing

jenn&smoke

I was wondering if anybody had any advice as to what I should do.While not new to camping( been camping with my family since i was a youngster, albeit to Fort wilderness in disney or any other campgrounds around the states), my wife and I recently purchased our first motorhome. Its older(94) but its nice. Heres my dilemma.I have NEVER pulled anything :0 let alone a vehicle. We were recently told our next job will be in Arizona. We stay in Florida. We have a 2007 Dodge Nitro and it has 55000 miles on it. What would be the best thing to pull it with, and what should I do or not do. I am really nervous but I know I can do it. I just need a seasoned vet to give a rookie an insight on how they got there.lol. any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance. :question:

akjimny

Re: towing

Hi Jenn$Smoke and welcome to the RVUSA Forum. According to the Motorhome magazine 2007 dinghy guide, you can flat tow your Nitro if it has 4 wheel drive. To do that you would need a tow bar and a brake buddy or some other braking system for the Nitro.

If it is a 2 wheel drive, you would need to use a tow dolly to pull it behind the RV. In any case, refer to your owner's manual and/or the Dodge dealer. They can give you more info.

Good luck and welcome to the forum. :) :)