Travel Trailer water regulator

kmill99

Hi. What are all of you using for a water regulator? I understand I should use one when hooking up to a water source to protect the travel trailer. It sounds like an adjustable one with a gauge is best?

Thanks,

Kevin

C Nash

Re: Travel Trailer water regulator

Kevin that would be best but the brass one from wally world or any rv parts store will work fine. I install it at the water source at cgs.

akjimny

I bought one from Camper World with a gauge. Mounted it on the faucet end of the hose and a 90 degree elbow on the coach end so the hose doesn't stick straight out of the sidewall of the coach. Probably could have bought on cheaper at my local hardware store, but had a $25.00 gift certificate from the dealer and figured that was a good way to use it.

Clay L

I ended up getting a whole house regulator from Home Depot. They have a larger inside diameter and don't restrict the flow like the ones from Camping World.
I happened to get a Wilkes but Watts is probably the most popular brand.

I set mine at 65 psi so I get good shower pressure and flow. Some folks claim that 65 psi too high but Winnebago customer service says it's fine. The plumbing is tested to 100 psi or so.

C Nash

Plenty of pressure is ok when on full hook up but fills the tank pretty quick when no sewage.

Kirk

Kevin,

We are fulltimers and I have found that the difference in water for such things as a shower with pressures from 45# to 60# is not noticeable if you have the proper flow-rate through your regulator. After a great deal of experimentation, I have chosen to keep ours set to between 45 & 50# and is works very well. Check out the regulators and other information at the RV Water Filter Store:
http://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/PressureRegulators.htm