Tub Drain

We are in our Georgie Boy Suite for a month and I've been using the shower BUT it drains very slowly! Is there anything I can put in the drain to make the water go down faster? Also, do you check the oil when the engine is cold or warm? We are 2 quarts low but it's been sitting for a week and I'm saying we need to warm up the engine and THEN check the oil. What do YOU say?

H2H1

I agree with Ken on the drain, and you better add the oil, lot cheaper than a new motor, Better yet go ahead and change the oil and filter.I am about to do the same to mine, getting it ready to go.

LEN

On the shower drain you can also use a regular toilet plunger and maybe get some of the hair back out the top side. Also on the draino the gel type will hang in the clog dissolving it better.

LEN

akjimny

I hate puting drain cleaner chemicals down ANY drain, because if they don't work, you have to take the drain apart, and some of those chemicals are nasty. I would recommend one of those barbed pastic cleanout thingies. You can run it down the drain and it will hook onto and pull out whatever is clogging the drain (hopefully). If it doesn't, and the drain is still running slow, and you feel comfortable with drain cleaners, then go ahead and use them.

As for the oil level - it all depends on what your owner's manual says. Some say check with the engine cold, some say check with it warm. Me personally, I check mine first thing in the morning and add as appropriate. I would rather be a little low than have it overfilled. Everything I've ever read said overfilling was a No No.

Thanks to all of you! I have a "Zip It" at home and don't know why I didn't think of using one in here! Just figured something worse than a hair clog was causing it I guess. We'll go out to the Ace today and pick up another one. Great invention!