Using Kitchen Sink in -20C

JGS

Is there anything wrong with using your kitchen sink (not the taps) in the winter in coooooold Canada if you have an Arctic Pak (heated holding tanks) and leaving the waste water value open so the waste water drains out into the holding tank and out for us to dispose of. I have been told I can do this but would like to be sure before I do. If I did that I would pour a little antifreeze back down the drain each time I left the trailer.

Thanks for any input!

Joyce

hamdave

Re: Using Kitchen Sink in -20C

Using it the way U describe should not be a problem 0c=32F, 20c=68F, Just be sure you have a little pink stuff in the system ,taps and tanks and you should be fine.

good luck

utmtman

He said -20C so a lot colder then 32F and a heck of a lot colder than 68F. But I too dont think you will have a problem.

hamdave

My bad !!, Old eyes didn't see the 'minus' sign.

Sorry for that. Still if the OP uses antifreeze in the taps, should still be okay.

cheers

JGS

RE: Using Kitchen Sink in -20C

Thanks for the input. I'm going to try it next time I am at the trailer.......hopefully soon!

rjf7g

Just curious, what do you do in -20C (-4 F) weather? Do you do outdoor things or stay inside?

JGS

Hi Becky:

Last weekend it was -32C and we went cross-country skiing one day and the next we went ice fishing. The only way to enjoy this miserable weather is to go out and be active......besides it's not nearly as cold when you are exercising. When we fish we have a tent and a small heater not to mention a camera so we can see the fish below. It's loads of fun!

Joyce

krautdog

RE: Using Kitchen Sink in -20C

I'd need some barleywine or a good single malt scotch to keep me warm in that kind of weather.
Is there a heated restroom nearby or do you have to port-o-potty it?

cheers!